• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

OT But a Fun Poll Methinks, 2020 Election
If the Election Were Today, Pick Trump, Biden, Super Flare, or Giant Meteor

Poll is at nukepro, no need to enter an email!

http://www.nukepro.net/2019/06/if-electi...biden.html

Yes, thats funny.  When it gets this bad, Im going with the meteor.  A leader should have....I dont know....Something to offer.  At least Putin knows martial arts. 

If you have nothing to offer the people, at least be a good example.   I ask myself, how would I like a leader to look?   ....let me see.   OK, this guy gets my attention

[Image: 83784e939322158ca391073d2f4ccd7c.jpg]

Wait....I would be proud to call this woman my president.  No question she is the superior of any government leader Ive seen.  I think she would protect the environment.  No B.S.

[Image: 86e4a1728d24dde246f42ba14e3244fb--mongol...seagal.jpg]

I know what you are thinking....for some reason, you want somebody older....    I still say they should have a look....like they are advanced or something.  Can you see this guy saying "Im going to take your money and give it to rich guys in the middle east, bankers, put a trillion into nuclear, drill for oil in the gulf, make a soft coup of south american countries, screw the native indians...and thats just my first year...."

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhPFTdo5Ap_Sg8JjJxyv0...tvSbjOrHdP]

Going down with the ship

Nations are like great ships, sailing on the treacherous seas,  arent they?   With a captain at the helm, and a trustworthy chain of command.  The leaders keep the ship on a safe course, defend against enemy forces and unforgiving elements, while the chain of command keeps peace and ethical conduct amongst the public by the rule of law.   We may lean toward a more conservative, or a more liberal captain, but theres no doubt the nation is set sail on a course, and it needs good, strong leadership.   Its always been that way

Or has it?

Actually, it hasent always been this way.  The invention of the nation state is relatively recent.  This happened at the same time that national flags started flying.

"Historically, flags originate as military standards, used as field signs. The practice of flying flags indicating the country of origin outside of the context of warfare became common with the maritime flag, introduced during the age of sail, in the early 17th century. "

"With the emergence of nationalist sentiment from the late 18th century national flags began to be displayed in civilian contexts as well. Notable early examples include the US flag, which was first adopted as a naval ensign in 1777 but began to be displayed as a generic symbol of the United States after the American Revolution, and the French Tricolore, which became a symbol of the Republic in the 1790s."

"Most countries of Europe adopted a national flag in the course of the 19th and early 20th centuries, often based on older (medieval) war flags"

Since the mesopotamian civilizations, we have lived 90% of our time without this concept of the nation as a ship kept on course by captains.  Presidents.  

And I contend that the ship analogy itself is missguided, especially in these times.   Instead of the country being a ship keeping us afloat on the sea of the wilderness,  enemy vessels and pirates,  the ship of humanity is MADE OUT OF THE LIFE FORMS of the ecosystem.  That is our true vessel.  Without the ecosphere, we sink to a dark solemn lifeless end down at Davy Jones Locker.  We will perish.    The plants and animals are the planks, mast and sails of our ship.  And here is what is happening;   our captains, our authorities, they are in cahoots with deviant scammers who are looting the ship, plank by plank.   The ship of the living world is sinking fast, but the captains have the people mesmerized.  Not only mesmerized and flamboozled, but they have them at gunpoint from their chain of command.   They assure us they are guiding the ship of the nation safely through treacherous waters,  but nobody realizes that the waters, the air, the earth and the living world ARE THE SHIP.    

All accounts say we are driving the rate of extinctions at about 1000 times normal.   Already, 90% of the larger, visible iconic animals have been wiped out.  Humanity's ship is nearly bare of structure

How will it end?   Starvation, war, disease, mass poisoning by out of control systems, the spent fuel pools of the world being a good example.  There is little doubt;  we are going down with the ship

All because the people had this idea....that their nation, with its flag proudly flying...was like a ship, guided safely by good strong leadership.  The people got the 'borders' of the ship entirely wrong.  The nation is not a ship, the globe of earth is the ship.  The nations are just pillage machines for the rich. 

Well its a very recent concept (delusion) in the history of our species.  If we think we are 'right' about the national concept, proud of our national flag and all that stuff,  ...that means we were 'wrong'  for over 90% of civilizations history.  This should make us ask ourselves...just how sure we are that we got it right this time....

The only flag worth being patriotic about

The earth flag

"A further step towards the modern nation was the development of states. From the sixteenth century onwards feudal fragmentation and regional differences in law and administration were superseded by centralizing and unifying tendencies on the part of the new heads of state. The Absolutist ideal was a clearly defined geographical state containing a population with one common language and religious confession.
The end of the eighteenth century saw the disintegration of the traditional patriarchal and feudal societies and the entry of broader social classes into the political process. The Enlightenment led to a weakening of the religiously based view of the world and a general secularization of society as a whole. This paved the way the old world view to be superseded by an ersatz religion in the form of the nation – as yet only understood as the feeling of belonging to a larger group aroused by the fact of common language and ethnicity.
The idea of the modern nation was powerfully boosted by the ideals of the French Revolution, which saw the nation and not the monarchy as the guarantor of the idea of the state in question."

https://ww1.habsburger.net/en/chapters/birth-nations

Code,

In your post above - "The only flag worth being patriotic about, The earth flag"

It appears human beings have a very exaggerated sense of self importance. I think it is time for the human race to have a bit of humility, and realize that the universe can very easily cope without its existence!

It may be a shame that potentially, humans had a chance to develop into responsible universal citizens but blew it because of an exaggerated sense of individual, and group importance!

This psychotic sense of self importance has lead  to the view that humans are masters of the universe. Look, we're stuck on a small speck of dust in the middle of nowhere, in the unimaginable vastness of time and space. Yet we still haven't learnt to live together, and help each other, and respect the delicacy of Earth's biosphere.

How clear and obvious can the facts make it. If the human race is to flourish, and continue to exist, we collectively have to make fundamental changes in our thinking, and actions.

Greed and power serve no purpose except to feed a psychotic sense of self importance.

Our survival depends on our ability to cooperate, and live together, plus respect all the other life on the planet. The diversity of life on earth can survive without humans but humans can't survive without that diversity. We share the Earth with other life on which we depend for our very survival. Our sense of owning the Earth is an illusion!

Clearly this also shows that we should have great humility in the face of the facts. Even on this planet our importance is not very significant. The planet and life will survive without us, and life in other forms will go on if we mess this up.

We collectively need to remove from power and influence those who beat their chests like primitive apes, saying to the rest of us, look how much wealth I have accumulated, look how much power I have.

If we let these people have control over human destiny it will lead to our destruction. They only have their self interest at heart. We need to get everyone collectively focusing on, and looking after each others interests, which are quite simple really.

Collective Priorities for human life.
  • Have fresh clean air to breath.
  • To have clean water to drink.
  • Have good and healthy fresh food to eat.
  • Have good shelter.
  • For you and your children to live in a healthy safe environment.
  • To live in a free and supportive community, that understands that individual rights have to be balanced with social responsibility.

For this to happen we have to look after each others interests which are all the same. This means  collectively looking after Earth's biosphere, because it is what sustains human life.

Human technologies that destroy these precious life sustaining biosphere resources in their resource extraction, mass manufacture, distribution, or disposal should not be made.  The “Story of Stuff” explains the effect of the misuse of technology in our present system very well. Technology should be use for improving the quality of life and our biosphere, not for the creation of lots of junk that destroys it!

If there is a God, this God has created a spectacular universe. It is massive huge universe, we live in and on an immensely small speck of it. Until we learn to live together, and cooperate with each other, I don't see God letting us get any further. 

Maybe this is a very wise part of Universal design. Learn to love and cooperate with each other, and respect the gift of the biosphere in which you live, or die out. This seems to me to be a very effective law of the universe whether you believe in God or not.
CafeRadLab  Free Guides and Resources For Everyone Here!

Get Prepared For Earth Changes!

The purpose of life is to learn to express your personal energy Creatively and Lovingly!

Vital1, well said

only when our species has more concern for the wellbeing of the earth and nature, which is our very source and sustenance, than we have for exploiting the earth and each other for profit will we begin to stop its destruction and our own demise.

Even ardent anti nuclearists frame the danger of nuclear in terms of human impact.  We can wonder....what will it take for our species to have humility and rise above our anthropocentric mania?

Stock's poll reminded me of the election fraud inherent in the way we vote.  A hand counted paper ballot was effective at giving us fair and verifiable elections; even if it was slow, everyone could get involved.  Electronic voting is so much faster and easier, but also prone to fraud.   Enter ElectionGuard.

Microsoft’s ElectionGuard a Trojan Horse for a Military-Industrial Takeover of US Elections
May 24th, 2019
By  Whitney Webb  
https://www.mintpressnews.com/microsoft-...ns/258732/
“The fact that we are handing over the keys of American democracy to the military-industrial complex — it’s like giving the keys to the henhouse to a fox and saying, ‘here come in and take whatever you want.’ It’s obviously dangerous.” — Investigative journalist Yasha Levine.
Quote:However, according to Jonathan Simon, election forensic analyst and author of CODE RED: Computerized Elections and the War on American Democracy, this public relations campaign is likely just cover for more insider control over U.S. elections. “It’s encouraging that after close to two decades of ignoring the security issues with computerized voting, there’s suddenly a scramble to protect our next election that suggests those issues are finally being taken seriously,” Simon told MintPress. “Unfortunately the proposed solution is just more computerization and complexity — which translates to more control by experts and insiders, though of course that is not part of the PR campaign.”
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

If we are not presented with noble, qualified, vital, virtuous, elevated candidates, then voting fraud doesnt matter too much.   

Trump continued Obama's trillion dollar nuclear budget.   Obama raised the military 'foreign aid' to Israel from Bush, and Trump praised Obama and continued using U.S. taxes to fund the Israeli nuclear super power.  Hmmm, which team will I choooooose...?

Maybe we need a different species for president.  Mankind appears to be a jerk.  Not all of them, mainly the leaders

[Image: article-0-0B8028B800000578-192_634x778.jpg]

(06-13-2019, 04:57 AM)Code Wrote: Yes, thats funny.  When it gets this bad, Im going with the meteor.  A leader should have....I dont know....Something to offer.  At least Putin knows martial arts. 

If you have nothing to offer the people, at least be a good example.   I ask myself, how would I like a leader to look?   ....let me see.   OK, this guy gets my attention

[Image: 83784e939322158ca391073d2f4ccd7c.jpg]

Wait....I would be proud to call this woman my president.  No question she is the superior of any government leader Ive seen.  I think she would protect the environment.  No B.S.

[Image: 86e4a1728d24dde246f42ba14e3244fb--mongol...seagal.jpg]

I know what you are thinking....for some reason, you want somebody older....    I still say they should have a look....like they are advanced or something.  Can you see this guy saying "Im going to take your money and give it to rich guys in the middle east, bankers, put a trillion into nuclear, drill for oil in the gulf, make a soft coup of south american countries, screw the native indians...and thats just my first year...."

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhPFTdo5Ap_Sg8JjJxyv0...tvSbjOrHdP]

Code ol non-tribal buddy!

As you know, even the Giant Meteor can't save us, as 400 nuke plants, and their complete inventory of waste would be "liberated"

400*365*40 years = Equivalent number of nuclear bombs released.

Actions are far more important that what anyone says.....

a kind hello to you stock

a fine message;

"Actions are far more important that what anyone says....."

Im reminded to put into action what I contend to be the noble path;  a humane and beneficent existence.  But its not easy.  To remove myself from the system which despoils the planet,  requires money,...money which is the medium of our unsustainable disfunction  

I find it frustrating;  to be a human is to destroy the habitat of the others