• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Humerus & Gems
(04-20-2019, 01:40 PM)d kitty Wrote: (Missing word in graphic is "humerus ". I don't know how to resize pic.
Lotta things I don't know...

I opened the picture with MSPaint, selected resize, changed the 100 to 50 percent and saved it with a new name.  Fits in well.  

"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Thanks Horse, for fixing the pic.
I'm just a hick
In the oak woods
Where Easter is gorgeous .

Happy Easter to all. What y'all doing on the internet on a fine spring day?

Attached Files Image(s)

don't stir up the hot particles

Hey D Kitty, I've been taking breaks from trying to dig up a huge rose bush to move to the front yard. It's a fine day here too, with rain coming soon. What's the crystal?
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Horse, the rocks are black tourmaline (Schorl) & aquamarine on a matrix of a type of mica.
Rocks are a hobby, pic was too cool not to share.
No relation to nuclear . ..except that sometimes ,  when aquamarine is found that's  not 'blue' enough , the color is deepened w/irradiation , making the rock more valuable.
Isn't  excessive  greed wonderful? Wonder when humans will get mandatory  radiation  for same purpose. Oh, wait...

This is my favorite  ,  blue tourmaline (indicolite).

Attached Files Image(s)

don't stir up the hot particles

Beautiful crystals, I collected a few rocks but nothing like that. We have a large mineralogy display at the museum, some rare crystal formations. Gems. I didn't know aquamarines were irradiated for deeper color. Humans are getting mandatory irradiation, too much will turn us blue in time.