• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
October 2015
Post your webcam observations for October here.  Please include a jst date and time.

10-01 18:45 Cam1 shows rain drops sticking on the lens, many orbs, some glowing brightly. Cam4 keeps shaking in the wind, no webs yet.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Have you noticed yet? Tepco changed the webcam live feed to "Flow Player" and of course the quality changed, it's more condensed vertically and bit less defined. They are distorting the view by narrowing it, below is the comparison with arrows showing a slight different in length or width and now the black line that used to be on the bottom is now a thick black line on both sides of the screen. Less clarity when zooming in as well. JNN webcam is still off the air, I wonder if they will be changing over to Flow Player on that one too. Dodgy

Attaching the picture cut's off so here is a post image link
http://postimg.org/image/zfdri5itv/ cam1 before and after zoomed at 200%
http://postimg.org/image/tti0hyhzr/ cam4 at 100%

Cali, I hadn't noticed those changes on the direct feeds.  One thing to note on Cam1, Nuck said the aspect ratio was off default.  He recommended setting the aspect ratio to 5:4.  Couldn't get media player to do the changes, VLC player was easy and I do it every time I restart that direct feed. Here's the shortcuts I use to start the 2 direct feeds with VLC.   

Cam4
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" http://mfile.akamai.com/127380/live/reflector:52045.asx

Cam1
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" http://mfile.akamai.com/267499/live/reflector:52538.asx

10-2 17:30 a pink tinge in the air showing in the sunset.  I see the emissions in the air, a low hanging haze.  Different colors probably indicate different pollutants.  Lot of old diesels working at the plant, I think, accounts for some of the yellow-brown haze.  I think sunrise and sunset are the best times to see what's in the air.  The monitors I use are old 17" lcds with color controls set to factory defaults, not the best equipment, I'm glad others are doing the zooms.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

10-2 17:30 a pink tinge in the air showing in the sunset.  I see the emissions in the air, a low hanging haze.  Different colors probably indicate different pollutants.  

Horse, I agree we're seeing an array of multi colors everyday and I'm trying to capture them. Also I didn't know this but your right. it looks like the live feed on Windows Media Player shows the normal size (your link above) I always watch the webcams on tepco's website http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/nu/f1-np/camera/index-e.html as a preference because the zoom feature is available, can't zoom on Media Player unfortunately though it's better quality. Here are the two side by side just so people know there are two options.
http://postimg.org/image/67vjdq6u3/ 

Sorry I don't know what VLC means and I probably wouldn't change my computer monitor ratio when viewing the webcams. I think Nuck is using the website webcam view too because that is where I noticed the ratio was more condensed vertically, like I was trying to explain earlier. In any case, we have to take what we can get! There is less definition, easier for tepco to wash out or blend and I think this new "Flow Player" has fewer pixels. Good example is the JNN webcam is back up and it's small and blurry, really looks bad you can't see depth or definition.

Took a few colorful sunrise pictures today 5:07am 10-3-15. Must admit the sky looks clearer and more blue during the day lately compared to what we were used to seeing just a couple of months ago.
http://postimg.org/image/cm2bcjk53/

I still need to figure how to attach a photo here without it cutting off.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi CalifNative... try resizing the photos / screen shots to something less than 700x (I find 700 is too large also and am not yet sure at what point the size is too small... try 500x and see how that works.

For example, your pic above is 1,072px x 637px - try halving it.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Cali, yes I see the bottom cutoff on your jpg. The jpg is only 59kb, smaller than the pngs I tried. I had to fiddle with the resize using paint to get attachments to fit. You might have to fiddle with your pictures till they fit. The preview let me test to see how it looked before posting. Please share any tips you come up with. The image link insert was easiest for me, it worked with photobucket and imgur but not my dropbox. Started a vimeo acct to do the videos.

VLC is a media player and has more functionality and better performance than windows media player. I couldn't rely on browser feeds for recording. I wondered how you were getting the zooms. The 17" lcd's were old office equipment different users had adjusted, early on I noticed a color difference between the two monitors. I had to reset the monitor's color settings back to factory defaults and the colors matched each other. The aspect ratio info I got from Nuck. He gets professional results, so I followed his advice. VLC media player let me set the aspect ratio to 5:4 so the cam1 feed looked square and not elongated.

The rains washed some of the emissions out of the air. The steam releases continue, mostly blown away by the wind, but when it hangs over the plant we can see the colorful haze. Majia had a great shot on her website of a pink cloud rising over the plant in the still morning air looking like a mushroom cloud before it dissipated in the breeze. The splotch I captured during the rain was a bright magenta I hadn’t seen before. The emissions will color the blue sky with more pink for us to capture.

22:54 10-3 JNN is still black. Site is very bright.

(10-02-2015, 11:55 PM)califnative Wrote: 10-2 17:30 a pink tinge in the air showing in the sunset.  I see the emissions in the air, a low hanging haze.  Different colors probably indicate different pollutants.  

Horse, I agree we're seeing an array of multi colors everyday and I'm trying to capture them. Also I didn't know this but your right. it looks like the live feed on Windows Media Player shows the normal size (your link above) I always watch the webcams on tepco's website http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/nu/f1-np/camera/index-e.html as a preference because the zoom feature is available, can't zoom on Media Player unfortunately though it's better quality. Here are the two side by side just so people know there are two options.
http://postimg.org/image/67vjdq6u3/ 

Sorry I don't know what VLC means and I probably wouldn't change my computer monitor ratio when viewing the webcams. I think Nuck is using the website webcam view too because that is where I noticed the ratio was more condensed vertically, like I was trying to explain earlier. In any case, we have to take what we can get! There is less definition, easier for tepco to wash out or blend and I think this new "Flow Player" has fewer pixels. Good example is the JNN webcam is back up and it's small and blurry, really looks bad you can't see depth or definition.

Took a few colorful sunrise pictures today 5:07am 10-3-15. Must admit the sky looks clearer and more blue during the day lately compared to what we were used to seeing just a couple of months ago.
http://postimg.org/image/cm2bcjk53/

I still need to figure how to attach a photo here without it cutting off.

Attaching a photo is a two step process, you are doing the first step

Step 1 - Upload the photo
 Scroll down to the new attachment section, click the choose file button, select the file, click add attachment

Step 2 - Insert the photo into the post

Underneath the new attachment section you will see the image file you uploaded in Step one, on the right side you will see two buttons, one button says remove the other says insert into post

Click on the button that says insert into post

Scroll back up to the post and you will see a shortcode that looks like this --  [attachment=60]

That will put the photo in your post wherever that shortcode is located.  you can cut and paste the shortcode wherever in the text you want it.
"All models are flawed, some are useful."
George E. P. Box

Horse, Pia - thank you for the picture adjustment recommendations, I will work on that this weekend. When I do zoom in I'll include the percentage at the bottom right corner.  In the mean time, JNN is back up. There's a green light near the tree line, heavy emissions coming up from R3 that's obscuring what looks like lights along the shoreline breakers. I guess those are big water storage tanks lined up they installed about 2 months ago. I'm disappointed we lost some clarity on the webcams, below was a good night example to compare. I'll stop complaining about it, have to take what we can get!

Before I forget, you commented on the screen blips Horse (my avatar pic) and I agree that sure, the webcam's are glitchy but it's possible it's reacting to some kind of atmospheric event, I've notice that's been the case and increased activity follows thereafter.

http://postimg.org/image/af4ewvyab/ before (March 2015)
http://postimg.org/image/6hcjtqm37/ after (Oct 4-15)
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tbs-live-camera

Cali, the color bar glitches are another curious anomaly, was going thru some January recordings that had the color bars and another type of glitch, heavy pixelations melting to the bottom of screen. I thought it might be the video card I was using and upgraded the video card a few months ago. Still see the color bar distortion at times. Maybe tracking the glitches will eliminate camera or feed problems and identify another radiation effect on the cams.

I saw Jec's post on a blue globe rising, but couldn't find it in the recordings. Saw cranes moving but nothing blue rising. Checked before 9am and at 9:41am. Maybe I'm not looking on the right day or time.

10-04 noon, here's a TBS capture I grabbed with the win7 snipping tool.  Opened the capture with MS Paint clicked resize, entered 75 and saved as a png.  The file size came down to below 500k and added as an attachment and inserted into post.  I find the best time to view that cam is afternoons when the sun goes behind the camera and early evenings to watch all the lights. Should have put in a text box with the date and time while I had it in paint.

JNN stii dark 10:04 21-35. Nothing spectacular yet. I've caught those globes before. Mine where large and white. They seem to start over #1 and drift over #4. A long bar usually hangs from the bottom of globe sometimes from the top. Some cam watchers think the globes are the moon. I don't think it's a moon. The authorities probably will call it swamp gas just to get it out of their hair.

Those globes sound like light artifacts. Humidity in the air, light bouncing around... like the ring around the moon when rain is on the way...
Pia
just pm me if needed.

10-05 07:15 Cam1 - Looks like they're going to remove the last roof panel from r1.

07:40 last roof panel off.

(10-04-2015, 08:45 AM)kingswhippingboy Wrote: JNN stii dark 10:04 21-35. Nothing spectacular yet. I've caught those globes before. Mine where large and white. They seem to start over #1 and drift over #4. A long bar usually hangs from the bottom of globe sometimes from the top. Some cam watchers think the globes are the moon. I don't think it's a moon. The authorities probably will call it swamp gas just to get it out of their hair.

jec at enenews Wrote:jec
October 2, 2015 at 8:43 pm
Hey you all..will check in with CAFE RAd..but will still post here.
just saw a blue globe at left side of reactor 1, a globe!! before 9 am on CAM! Now on CAM4, the cranes are working..and then around 9:41 on CAM4.a blue globe raised up into the sky. Hard to make this stuff up!

Hi kingswhippingboy, I couldn't find jec's original sighting.  9am to 10am seemed the wrong time for a moon transit.  Posting a clear date, time, and camera helps me locate events in the recordings.  I am curious what jec did see on 10-2 9:41 cam4.  I saw crane activity but nothing unusual, no blue globe rising.  Maybe I have the wrong time or date.    I don’t think his blue globe would be the moon, but there have been sightings of moon transits.  

5-5 21:31 Bright light started over r1 and moved to the right and up, disappearing midway top of screen.  Moon transits have been documented on 2-13 and 2-14, 3-12, 4-12, 5-5 and 5-8.  The monthly occurrences coincided with published moon rise times.  

Majia noted the moon transit on Futaba cam.  
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bj8wzw3sy96tgy...t.pdf?dl=0
Teri posted these captures.  
http://s6.postimg.org/vvo5znz01/5_8_15_2...aiichi.jpg
http://postimg.org/image/os81uixkj/

Posting images with date, time, and documentation is the best way to prove to others what authorities try to deny.

10-6 20:21 Cam4 saw a red light to the left of r4, same area but raised higher than the one last night at 20:32. Cam4 has a bright light on the left of r1 near the bottom part of the big crane. Haven't been seeing as many sparks last couple days.

Looks like they are doing some late night work in front of R2. JNN cam shows an orange odd shape light and cam4 shows the same. I haven't been seeing the usual sparks either Horse. Yesterday they were spray dumping (have seen this before) into R3, bright orange box hanging from crane while hose connects to something on top of R3 roof top.

So I figured out how to reduce the size/dimension fortunately it's fairly easy. This smallest is 640, next is 800 which I'll start using. All my picture grabs are from Microsoft Snipping Tool, then open pic using Microsoft Photo Gallery, Edit tab, select photo, properties, resize and it saves a duplicate picture with new size.

Was wondering if CafeRadLab would eventually be capable of reducing attached pictures to it's appropriate size automatically, I think this might hinder others from posting pictures if they are not computer savvy.

Attached Files Image(s)

CalifNative, Thanks for your observations and input. I think that "wondering if CafeRadLab would eventually be capable of reducing attached pictures to it's appropriate size automatically" is something to strive for and I'll put that into Tech Qs for Lucas. I'll search the MyBB forum for technical clues also since I'm not familiar with capacity.

I've seen several explanations about the colored glows/globes/light artifacts - likely a result of night time lights for workers, the moon, and light refracting in high humidity/rain. I imagine the night time work light's are pretty powerful to cause the brightly colored areas (diffused light or "globes") which we witness under different conditions.

My take is, the colors are from lights of one sort or another. But, I have to say also that in the past there have been brightly colored areas which appeared to be more like fires in certain locations at different times.

I think it would behoove nuclear physics researchers and auditors to find a way to evaluate TEPCO's records (videos, reports, temp data, rad data, activity logs of workers, etc.) with regards to the timing of events.
  • When did night work become regular
  • What equipment was/is on site at the time of night work
  • Where are lights located and pointed where
  • What sort of lights are they using, what power/intensity/color
  • Environmental/weather conditions at time of events
  • Specific work being conducted at time of events
Offsite activity would be good to understand as well. What has been going on offshore near the site? Day or night.

Without this information it is difficult to analyze observable events.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Hi Pia - your welcome and thanks for passing on the suggestion to Lucas (thanks Lucas for your pic attachment email earlier). One more thing I have noticed, when first came to CafeRadLab (before registering) I could see the pictures posted on the threads, now when I log out (after registering) the pictures don't show up they have the black "X" mark. So in other words I have to log in to see the pics now. Perhaps a glitch?

I haven't yet roamed around to the other discussion topics just yet, trying to get up to speed on this October 2015 thread.

I just viewed pics here no problem via Torch and Safari. I'm always logged in elsewhere and as yet have had no issues when logged in or out regarding pics.  Pics come up fine for me always. Appears to be a problem on ipad with safari.

Have you checked your computer settings (security, firewalls, blockers... maybe set special to allow this website http://www.CafeRadLab.com ?) What browser are you using?
Pia
just pm me if needed.

10-08 11:15 Cam4 still has a steamy, hazy look while cam1 is clear sky. Same as last night and I noticed the sparks had started up again. The remote cranes have been still. Some small crane activity. Both cam4 and TBS/JNN are shaking in the winds, TBS shows big waves breaking in the port.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM October 2017 Horse 30 10,517 10-30-2017, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM October 2016 Horse 52 41,692 10-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Horse