• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • Welcome to the discussion on all things nuclear
  • This site is updated daily.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEBCAM July 2016
Post webcam observations for July here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Cameras nearby
TBS-JNN
Tomioka
Iwaki

Direct network stream  Futabagun  http://stm.futabagun.jp/510.swf

Time Lapse Archive  sengoku1904
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Photo 
TBS/jnn cam back online.

Birds or bugs.  Maybe both?     They move oddly and there are a lot of them.

btw - Thanks for setting up these organized monthly observation archives.
 The cam links help too.   Smile

* Observed center crane moving 2016-07-03 12:20 jst. Not usual for a Sunday.

(07-02-2016, 11:14 PM)Chasaha Wrote: TBS/jnn cam back online.

Birds or bugs.  Maybe both?     They move oddly and there are a lot of them.

btw - Thanks for setting up these organized monthly observation archives.
 The cam links help too.   Smile

*  Observed center crane moving 2016-07-03 12:20 jst.  Not usual for a Sunday.

TY, monthly threads seemed easiest to keep observations organized for reference.  Good to see TBS/JNN back!  The grab you posted has a date time stamp on it; the link I posted doesn't show the time stamp.  Could you post the link you use; that's so much better with a time stamp, I'll add it to the first post.

Looks like a bug.  Noticed birds on the tepcams; darting around, probably chasing bugs.  

I noticed the crane moving too, tried to compare movements side by side when the r3 crane moved into both views.  Still trying to figure out the time difference between the two tepcams, maybe a TBS/JNN time stamp will add to the confusion.  Yes, the Sunday morning work was very unusual and the crane line tracked down on cam1 to where I think the r3 sfp is.  On cam4 that area is quite nicely covered up by that grounded crane.  

Looking to a fun Fourth of July with a good fireworks show.  Hope you all enjoy the holiday.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Photo 
Just past midnight jst.
Bright reflections from crane and the wall of Unit 2.

It periodically looks like there are some lights and movement behind the CSFP curtain at night.

Photo 
Device being placed into the NW corner of the roof at Unit 1.

Looks like a giant pencil.  (imo)  Shy 

that is curious...
Pia
Jitsi chat: enfo.pia@gmail.com

@Chasaha, the crane tool looks like a huge dentist drill to me.   I wonder if it’s used to knock chunks of concrete walls down so they can vacuum up the pieces.  I don’t know much about cranes and the tools they use, but the cranes haven’t been that busy lately.  The work we can see has slowed to a crawl.  

Grey foggy days and nights filled with sparks.  

7-05 20:00:02 and 20:00:29 they turned off the two work lights that shined two beams of light on the top right part of cam1.  The lights were down at the base of the cooling tower lighting up the walls in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

7-05 22:00 to 23:00 had 13 sparks and two distortions.  

7-06 00:46:27 watched a spider crawling across cam1 for a few minutes.  

7-06 17:58:19 a faint rainbow formed for a couple minutes on cam1.

Sunsets are showing brilliant pinks and lavenders.  When I’ve looked in the evenings for sparks I’ve found a steady regular stream of sparking.  Waiting for the next spark doesn’t take too long.  They flash on the monitors and I note the times.  I don’t notice the distortions glancing at the monitors occasionally; but I usually find them when I scan an hour at 2x speed doing a spark count.  The pics I’ve posted of distortions are just the first frame where the lower half blips out. The distortion is followed by several frames of random squares as the camera restores sync to the picture.  They last less than a second and probably wouldn’t show up in a time lapse video.  Are the distortions another effect of radiation on the cameras?  

Less time for looking at the cam feeds and recordings lately, been busy with home improvements, yard work, and a very sick cat.  

7-09 09:55 thought an EQ shook cam4 but it was probably just an outflow wind from a rain that came thru.  

7-09 10:43 fancy crane rig over r3 on cam1, blocked by the downed crane on cam4.  

Chores keeping me busy this summer and they’re calling again.

odd white splotches/steam on the last 30 seconds on this vid .... at the bottom part of the view -

2016.07.16_18.00-21.00.Unit1side

http://youtu.be/PKc1efuiMY4

... maybe its moisture on the lense, but I haven't seen it look like that before.

looks like rain - perhaps heavy misty type rain
Pia

Majia's 16 July post is about recent webcam conditions:

"The last 3 or so days I've had inordinate trouble loading the TEPCO webcams. It often takes me up to 8 tries to get a TEPCO cam loaded.

The TBS cam was off for quite some time (couple of weeks), although it went back up about a week ago. Until today, the view on the TBS cam has been occluded by the atmospheric conditions.

Netc.com has been indicating elevated radiation levels near Tokyo. Run the animated graphic at the site to see the pattern. I'm not sure whether Fukushima is the source of the elevated levels.

Screenshots were taken within a ten minute period July 17, 2016" - see at http://majiasblog.blogspot.com.uy/2016/0...tions.html
Pia

Happen to turn on cam4 around 8:00am Fuku time and watched a white flash in the distance near R5 & R6 I think. Soooo, i recorded it and caught a few pics. Behind the grey moving filter, it looked like a white crane was working around and near the white building on the right. Perhaps it's welding flashes but they are rather big considering the distance.

Different spot.

Closest to the building where the crane was moving around. 

YouTube Fuku 3 min. vid recorded only 1 min. (6:00-7:00am) The flashes were from 8:00 to 8:10am. It's been 3 hours since they updated the Utube website. No doubt they didn't want this to be seen.

Yes, the TBS/JNN webcam was down for more than a week. Did you notice they moved the cam more to the right making the crane on the left disappear? The view on the left where Horse captured the brilliant flashes are from that area including the white flashes I saw today. 

Older pic before they moved it. Kind of unusual too, there were lights lit up behind the tree line at night.

New webcam position.

Horse's brilliant flash of light pic again just because it was a great catch. 

Well, well, well - looks like Utube Fuku vids removed 8:00-9:00am on cam4 during the white flashes near R5&6.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC34BJEX...6YBksIYY6Q

Here is a better picture of the light flash when I use http://www.postimage.org.
https://postimg.org/image/wdw6nyu8x/

Horse, did you record during this time? I only recorded from 8:00am to 8:15 but I was watching cam4 at the same time and didn't see much after that.

BTW, I posted a remark on enenews tonight about WheepingWillows recent video. He's saying building 5 & 6 had an explosion but he's actually showing an out-of-focus boat sitting on the ocean from cam1. It's unfortunate he is over dramatizing wrong information, but it's good that he is trying to cover the webcams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00HYvp5HSY4

Some spark counts to start with.

7 sparks in the 10 mins from 7-11 19:49:00 spark to 7-11 19:59:28 spark
10 min gap no sparks
15 sparks in the hour from 7-11 20:10:23 spark to 7-11 20:53:45 spark
Left off counting at 7-11 21:00:30 spark

A couple nights later with more fog in the air; I noticed more sparking.
17 sparks in the hour from 7-13 20:05:16 spark to 7-13 20:53:53 spark
23 min gap of no sparks
12 sparks in the hour from 7-13 21:17:47 spark 1f to 7-13 21:47:25 spark
Stopped count at 22:00

The WheepingWillow2 video is more zoomed than I can get.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00HYvp5HSY4
Got 3 pics to zoom but they just show pixels.  Just to note on the boat light, I saw two military boats docked at Iwaki a few days ago.  Seems likely it was something at sea but I thought maybe some activity on the top of r3.  Not enough detail for me to say but definitely not r5/r6.  Even on cam4 we can’t see those reactors.  R5/R6 are just to the left out of cam4’s view.
7-15 17:45:09
7-15 17:48:27
7-15 17:50:42

7-18 08:00 to 08:15 Califnative light flashes on cam4.  I grabbed 22 pics of the light flashing from the recordings.  Not sure what to make of those.  Thought maybe a light on a crane but it jerks to different locations faster than a crane would move.  Flashes last 2 frames like a spark.  Going thru the still grabs, got the idea something hanging from the big remote crane might be flashing reflected light to account for the flashes jerking to different spots.  No satisfactory answer but I do have good recordings of that timeframe even if time lapse is missing.  

I think WheepingWillow is a woman, actually, and yes, it is unfortunate about the sloppiness of their updates. We need more technically skilled persons watching and reporting.
Pia

Star 
I agree with pia regarding the WeepingWillow links.   Never an opinion, just a link to another overly annoying youtube video.  I wish we had more cam watchers.   But, when people don't analyze thoroughly and try to sensationalize first... it shows.  To be honest, I don't think it helps overall.

@califnative 
I have seen those 'reflective' bright flashes in that same area on several different occasions. (daytime)

Exclamation   I was wondering if those flashes might actually be daytime sparks occurring just above the CSFP area?

Sleepy   Disappearing video footage happens. 
That's why when I see something I try to snap a screenshot or at least write down times and my personal observation.

I noticed more c4 light flashes on 7-19 about 10am, more on that later.  I clicked on the wrong file and opened the 7-08 am recording, was skimming thru when I noticed men walking around.  Not sure if this was already posted.  I think we miss a lot with so few watching and posting.  3 pics
7-08 09:58:53 men on csfp
7-08 10:04:02 men on csfp
7-08 10:04:03 men on csfp

2016.07.08_09.00-12.00.Unit4side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SapCBVtE6U
Look for men in white suits on csfp from 10am to 11am.  Note the activity over the tent.

7-19 10am was more flashing lights.  Found people walking around the csfp tent.  

3 pics
7-19 09:51:51 men on csfp
7-19 10:01:25 light flash
7-19 11:07:38 men on csfp

vid
7-19 10am flashing lights
https://vimeo.com/175502315

sengoku1904 time lapse
2016.07.19_09.00-12.00.Unit4side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIto9uBumB0

I don't want to call this a fire ---
BUT --- lower right side corner is ver-ry interesting (today)

2016.07.20_21.00-00.00.Unit1side
http://youtu.be/3etlNPyaFAY

Very brightly lit work area and appears some possible "heat wave shimmering"
Pia

7-21 pm
I saw a spark on cam1 and looked closer to see what time to jot down and saw a bright blue spark first on cam1 then on cam4 almost the same instant and both were bright blue; on cam1 at 20:12 and cam4 at 20:13.  Went to the cam4 recording and found 2 sparks in the 10 minutes I looked at; quite the catch.  Counted the cam1 sparks in the hour from 20:00 to 20:59 and found 13 sparks.  The similarities in the first few grabs and the close times caught my eye.  The first two sparks both show a pair.

7-21 20:09:53 spark
7-21 20:10:29 c4 spark faint pair

The next two are the bright blue sparks.  

7-21 20:12:48 spark blue
7-21 20:13:35 c4 spark blue

The next hour saw a Fuku fog develop and it rained briefly.  Saw water dripping down cam1.  Clears up; saw a spark at 23:20 while I’m getting this ready to post.  

@Chasaha, maybe closer to proof of some kind of aerial phenomena; thought you’d like these.  And thanks for linking the recent worker sightings to the worker sightings thread, good job.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM July 2017 Horse 32 3,457 07-31-2017, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM December 2016 Horse 55 15,576 01-01-2017, 09:31 AM
  WEBCAM November 2016 Horse 73 29,240 11-28-2016, 11:48 AM
  WEBCAM October 2016 Horse 52 22,027 10-27-2016, 07:41 PM
  WEBCAM September 2016 Horse 62 21,426 10-02-2016, 01:00 AM