• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome
Lucas:

Thank you for joining our community.  Users here are brought together by a common interest and desire to learn more about a wide range of nuclear-related issues from nuclear power, radiation, radio-detection, to isotopic identification - to name a few.

Please introduce yourself and share with us what your specific interests are so we can better keep you up to date on all we are doing.

"All models are flawed, some are useful."
George E. P. Box

I'm Pia, also known as @cecalli_helper in twitter and I have a site featuring life in Uruguay at yesusi.com. My interest in this forum is to have access to the science behind what is happening at Fukushima and I'd like to learn more about detection and analysis.

I'm helping Luke bring this forum together. Members can contact me for site issues and if you are looking for something I may be able to help you find it.

Pia
Jitsi chat: enfo.pia@gmail.com

Hi, I'm Rick.  My career was in electronics and computers, troubleshooting and fixing problems.  When the Daiichi reactors exploded and melted out, I knew it was bad, but how bad?  Watchers were seeing events on the webcams that seldom made the mainstream news.  Strange things seen on the cams, no proof they ever happened.  I went from watching to recording the two TEPCO cams.  Real time recordings provide evidence so others can see too.  Fukushima Daiichi has been captured with its nuclear pants on fire by webcam watchers.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Pia
just pm me if needed.

Hello!
I was looking for a site that would let me share some of my research and analysis of RadNet data.
I have quite a few graphs that show some interesting things that RadNet is pulling off...deceptive manipulation of data to be more clear.

That's awesome good news! I'll set up a RadNet Observations thread. Here you go: Data Collection Assessment caferadlab.com/thread-260.html
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Howdy,

I've been watching this fukushima situation unfold form day 1. Initially I was mocked and ignored, but I pursued in finding out as much as possible about dai-ichi and other incidents. I've convinced family and friends that nuclear is an extremely risky technology, but still I fear they don't see what is coming. While friends and family are starting to understand the danger, none want to address that they are also in the line of fire.

My background is varied. I have a good understanding of many technical fields. I work in the field of language translation, but am responsible for technical problem solving resulting from translation in electronic formats. I'm a radio amateur and also enjoy working on my cars. I also love nature and spending time away from populated areas.

As for topics related to this forum, I'm interested in monitoring and data collection. I've also spent time studying plants in the field for abnormalities and deformations. One of the first things I noticed in late summer 2011 was several flowers in my garden suddenly had new radical form changes that I had not seen before. Finally I would really like to set up a counter/spectrometer to analyze samples, so I'll be asking questions on that.

Alex

Welcome. Be sure to - if you have not already - share points about health properties of fermented food with your family and friends.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Hi all!
I'm happy I was able to reach you again. Pia, I'm the elibi Horse told you about, I just added the appropriate F before.
For some reason, the account got inaccessible. As elibi, I'm sorry I posted the pictures of the csfp saying I thought this was a fire. As Horse very aptly explained later, I was so frightened by what I had seen. But still, thanks Horse, I'll try to keep my cool next time! I agree with Pia, your calm and constancy are admirable.

I've been watching the webcams and followed the enenews webcam forum as soon as I found it out.
Like you RodgerRoentgen, since day one & after the explosion of #3 on march 14th, I realised how major Fuk. was. I tried to gather info but after the ARSN decided to stop it's daily press conferences, I had to find other reliable sources. They had been repeating over and over how OUT OF CONTROL the situation seemed from France. But Japan was far away... And now there is Tokyo 2020.

This year, I was out from April till Autumn due to medical imperatives. What a pleasure it was to find you all again, still there watching. For more than five years, nearly 6, I've been thankful to all those who brought info about Daiichi NPP. I thank them all from the bottom of my heart. Fairewinds, Majia, Ex-skf, and you guys who kept me informed so much better than MSM and even if solutions are not on the horizon.

I'm also @twelibi and follow you Pia on twitter. #RememberDaiichi ! Thanks for all the links.
By the way, have you had your ulna repaired? Sure hope so.
You and your loved ones, be safe, dear all. Keep watching and digging. The truth is the truth and the Nuclear Village are shaking in their boots. Even Jakzko! Byeee elisabeth/felibi

So glad you found your way back  Smile

Looking forward to your contributions, questions, and ponderings. No, my ulnar is still a mess, going back to the hospital where they blew the treatment to see if they can provide a solution, haven't raised much money to see a real surgeon. Thanks for asking.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Hello Felibi, glad to see you made it in.  Don't feel bad about posting pics of different things on camera, it's all good documentation of what things look like on the tepcams.  It's hard to keep your cool with some of the things we've seen going down over the years.  I'm going to thank you for drawing attention to the CSFP area because it reminded me to look there more often and I found that puff of steam a couple of days later.  You posted that EQ to ENEnews only minutes after I posted; keep up the good work.  Stay healthy and post what you see.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Just checking it out. Is there anywhere to live safe from radiation or the threat of it now that trump is getting the nuclear codes.

(01-15-2017, 08:02 PM)Takemeaway Wrote: Just checking it out. Is there anywhere to live safe from radiation or the threat of it now that trump is getting the nuclear codes.

Welcome Takemeaway.  Radiation is everywhere, fallout has been found in the Antarctic.  To live safe from radiation avoid the sources.  Avoid internal radiation by sourcing food from uncontaminated areas and water supplies.  Areas get contaminated from things like fallout from nuclear bomb testing or being downwind of nuclear production facilities and power plants.  Accidents like core meltdowns can contaminate large areas of land and water with dangerous amounts of radiation like Chernobyl and Fukushima did.  Where ever you live the worst radiation comes the first few weeks after an accident or bomb when short-lived radio-iodine is in the air.  Don't wait for authority to tell you; shelter in place and avoid outside activity.  The Ocean was starting to recover from the atomic bomb testing until Fukushima happened; now fish stocks are disappearing even faster than before.  Nuclear war is upon us every time nuclear material is concentrated and escapes containment.

Horse calls it right. While there are places that have lower "background" levels and less fallout from either "functioning" or "broken" nuclear facilities and/or nuclear weapons deployment or testing, we are all at risk to some degree. 

Global food trade and illegal smuggling or mislabeled food brings Fukushima contaminated products around the world. I found Korean beverages in Costa Rica and a US based seafood exporter/importer was found to have brought tons of radioactive products into China this past year. I have wondered, did he bring contaminated products into the US, since his business is US based? The US doesn't have comprehensive radiation testing established, so we may never know. 

I'm in Uruguay. When I prepared to leave the US in Aug 2011, I decided on Costa Rica. Then, I went to Nicaragua and finally chose Uruguay. Which has two countries with nuclear operations bordering it. I used a SEI Inspector when I got to Uruguay and the readings were acceptable. Soon, I will be receiving a URADMonitor Model A from Radu Motișan. It's a slick detector that allows the data to upload automatically to an online database. Details here: http://www.uradmonitor.com/products/

It'll be tough to avoid fallout in the US, though I'm thinking places with tall tree canopies on eastern slopes of mountain ranges might be good. But, I could be wrong. Viewing the RadNet data over time reveals that some places are better than others (radiation-wise). Like Puerto Rico, though the social and financial conditions there are awful. 

Detox regularly, include cancer fighting foods and fermented food in your diet, daily. Cancer fighting foods/herbs: https://draxe.com/cancer-fighting-foods/ - not on their list is the Guanabana, which is in the cherry family.

Que pase bien.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Thanks for advice all. Getting a house with a basement & already have emergency supplies. Just got a hybrid generator but haven't tested it yet. Deep well. Want a nursery for yr.round growing. My boy thinks we should get a sailboat so can go anywhere. (We are near the water).

Back up plans are a good thing. All depends on your goal and the circumstances at hand.

I have a feeling that nuclear war isn't going to happen. If it does, it'll be in the northern hemisphere. And it will probably be limited. Though, there might be another health scare worked up... 

Too many nuclear apocalypse movies for too long... most nations desire a nuclear ban. You can join the movement:
Countdown to nuclear ban negotiations http://www.icanw.org
Pia
just pm me if needed.

(01-16-2017, 06:19 AM)piajensen Wrote: Horse calls it right. While there are places that have lower "background" levels and less fallout from either "functioning" or "broken" nuclear facilities and/or nuclear weapons deployment or testing, we are all at risk to some degree. 

Global food trade and illegal smuggling or mislabeled food brings Fukushima contaminated products around the world. I found Korean beverages in Costa Rica and a US based seafood exporter/importer was found to have brought tons of radioactive products into China this past year. I have wondered, did he bring contaminated products into the US, since his business is US based? The US doesn't have comprehensive radiation testing established, so we may never know. 

I'm in Uruguay. When I prepared to leave the US in Aug 2011, I decided on Costa Rica. Then, I went to Nicaragua and finally chose Uruguay. Which has two countries with nuclear operations bordering it. I used a SEI Inspector when I got to Uruguay and the readings were acceptable. Soon, I will be receiving a URADMonitor Model A from Radu Motișan. It's a slick detector that allows the data to upload automatically to an online database. Details here: http://www.uradmonitor.com/products/

It'll be tough to avoid fallout in the US, though I'm thinking places with tall tree canopies on eastern slopes of mountain ranges might be good. But, I could be wrong. Viewing the RadNet data over time reveals that some places are better than others (radiation-wise). Like Puerto Rico, though the social and financial conditions there are awful. 

Detox regularly, include cancer fighting foods and fermented food in your diet, daily. Cancer fighting foods/herbs: https://draxe.com/cancer-fighting-foods/ - not on their list is the Guanabana, which is in the cherry family.

Que pase bien.
Checked out the cancer fighting food site. Cool. I do pretty good except the sugar. Donuts are my cryptonite.lol

New registration rules applied. Please read the announcement in New Users (highlighted).
Pia
just pm me if needed.