• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

WEBCAM December 2019
Post webcam observations for December here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Time Lapse Archives
Fukushima Daiichi
sengoku1904
Fuku1long

Environmental Archives
Archive of ENENews

Another way for anyone to contact me, Café Rad Lab administration, email:    CafeRadLabHorse@gmail.com
or Twitter @CafeRadLabHorse
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

12-01 The cutter is still stuck on the top of vent tower 1.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

12-01  An unusual object hoisted by the crane on cam1 at 4:00 pm.  Two shots of it rising and two when it came down.  It wasn't visible on cam4 that I could see.  Tepco might be testing a possible solution for the stuck cutter.  

According to macrocarpa, the vent stack cut has been completed.
Unclear if cut piece has been lowered.
Says next task is to get the cutting tool removed.
And they *did* send up a Japanese 'danger kitty' to get the job accomplished.

https://twitter.com/microcarpa1/status/1...7276625922
don't stir up the hot particles

I saw the cube hoisted up and moved next to the cutter yesterday. It was there for several hours. The cube went back down but the cutter is still sitting on the vent tower. I'll try to get some pics posted later today. If they finished the cut, I wonder what's stopping them from hoisting the cutter and the pipe section down? The Japanese danger kitty deserves a pay raise for going up there and making the cut.

Tweet just said the cut was completed. Getting the cut section and the cutter down may be a major operation.
Not an enviable task...
don't stir up the hot particles

Quote:microcarpa‏ @microcarpa1  
microcarpa Retweeted 東京新聞 原発取材班

Dec.3,6pm, #Tepco's subcontractor successfully completes cutting the rest of 1.1 m  of north side of the main pipe of #Fukushima vent stack.
To cut another 20 cm of SE side to set the equip free.

Red arrow above is the spotter,below the cutter,at 110m-high?
Tons of thanks!

@kochigen2017

12-04 12:45 The cutter pulled away with the cut section on cam4.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM December 2018 Horse 17 11,350 12-30-2018, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM December 2017 Horse 11 15,352 01-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Felibi
  WEBCAM December 2016 Horse 42 80,214 01-01-2017, 09:31 AM
  WEBCAM December 2015 Horse 67 151,915 05-09-2016, 03:17 PM