• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Visitor comments aug 2019
Is anybody out there?   We miss a few from ENEnews, so swing on by for a hidy ho. No need to sign up!  Plowboy? Obewan?   Rose?
we are healthy with background radiation but unhealthy with the same dose from fallout

The people at Exxon knew that their company was changing the climate of the planet and they lied about it
http://caferadlab.com/thread-3670-post-9...ml#pid9266

And that pervasive lying of companies, authorities and people in general....they lie and value personal profit over sustaining a healthy planet...that got me thinking about how they use their tongues for deception.   The tongue is such an incredibly useful organ, mainly for gathering food, that its use in mammals is universal. But our species has learned to use the tongue to form complex, transmissible concepts.  We create...mental images and new realities with it.

Talk about a multipurpose device!  The ultimate Swiss Army tool....you can use it to gather and swallow food, but oh so much more!  With this tool you can spit water at an opponent, lick a wound, clean your fur, use it as a sex toy, tie a knot in a cherry stem,  blow thin streams of air, make music, and form abstract descriptions of the nature of the universe.  The tongue can be used to order the destruction of the planet, or it can call a global cease fire. 

I mean it could have been any orifice, or limb, and indeed the ten digits with their control of thirty bone segments is very useful in communicating if you dont have a multi purpose tongue.  But it is the mouth...with those teeth and canines in there,  that watery slurpy environment, just below the tiny breathing tubes,  with that singular rather innocent looking organ, the tongue that we managed to put to use to sing great choral arias of grace, sublimity, gratitude and beauty which lifts the very heart and nobility of spirit....or deceive, to the destruction of life on the planet.

We now use the fingers to type letters in a slow proxy of the words from the tongue, and with that, you can add your keen insight here at CafeRadLab.   Yes, its all so bizarre,  with seven billion human tongues wagging,  creating verbal approximations of reality or unreality,  but the option is there, if you would like to give it a whirl.   

[Image: 2897fdf3-63f8-4fa6-85af-8912e3a9e038.jpg]
Contemplate the tongue, and how you would like to use it
we are healthy with background radiation but unhealthy with the same dose from fallout

Code, your abstraction is awesome...

Who would have thought that mankind massively converting O2 to CO2 in such a short timeline would cause problems on a planet that depends on CO2 being massively converted to O2 to support mankinds life?

The Secret Life of Trees: The Astonishing Science of What Trees Feel and How They Communicate

Wohlleben chronicles what his own experience of managing a forest in the Eifel mountains in Germany has taught him about the astonishing language of trees and how trailblazing arboreal research from scientists around the world reveals “the role forests play in making our world the kind of place where we want to live.” As we’re only just beginning to understand nonhuman consciousnesses, what emerges from Wohlleben’s revelatory reframing of our oldest companions is an invitation to see anew what we have spent eons taking for granted and, in this act of seeing, to care more deeply about these remarkable beings that make life on this planet we call home not only infinitely more pleasurable, but possible at all.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2016/09/26...wohlleben/

I think we could learn a lot from trees. I wish they could speak human...
Humans did not create background radiation...

"The acacia trees that were being eaten by the giraffes gave off a warning gas  that signaled to neighboring trees of the same species that a crisis was at hand. Right away, all the forewarned trees also pumped toxins into their leaves to prepare themselves. The giraffes were wise to this game and therefore moved farther away to a part of the savannah where they could find trees that were oblivious to what was going on. "

In mankinds hubris and egomania, we long believed it was only our species that had 'feelings'  and 'wisdom'.   The study of animal behavior and plant responses has extended those qualities to all living things.   The Living World is expressing a vast requiem of its destruction.  Only a few can hear it

(08-04-2019, 02:38 PM)Jebus Wrote: Code, your abstraction is awesome...

Who would have thought that mankind massively converting O2 to CO2 in such a short timeline would cause problems on a planet that depends on CO2 being massively converted to O2 to support mankinds life?

The Secret Life of Trees: The Astonishing Science of What Trees Feel and How They Communicate

Wohlleben chronicles what his own experience of managing a forest in the Eifel mountains in Germany has taught him about the astonishing language of trees and how trailblazing arboreal research from scientists around the world reveals “the role forests play in making our world the kind of place where we want to live.” As we’re only just beginning to understand nonhuman consciousnesses, what emerges from Wohlleben’s revelatory reframing of our oldest companions is an invitation to see anew what we have spent eons taking for granted and, in this act of seeing, to care more deeply about these remarkable beings that make life on this planet we call home not only infinitely more pleasurable, but possible at all.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2016/09/26...wohlleben/

I think we could learn a lot from trees. I wish they could speak human...
Excellent book Jebus

DUDe..

PS, istill have no internet aka keyboard to type on..

Dude, On Screen Keyboard. Win 10, 8, android and apple os has one installed. XP, win 7 do not install it by default. But they too have it with the acessability options. Plus if careful, a third party one can be dloaded and installed for any operating system..

Sorry, I thought I was logged in and now I realize that, as you said, Dude, you have no internet. You must have a simple phone like me. Impossible to surf, let alone type. I have never owned a fondle slab. Never will...

(08-06-2019, 07:52 PM)Jebus Wrote: Sorry, I thought I was logged in and now I realize that, as you said, Dude, you have no internet. You must have a simple phone like me. Impossible to surf, let alone type. I have never owned a fondle slab. Never will...

Fondle slab.. lol, had to look that up.. 

I used to have a simple Nokia, just phone and sms..then I lost electricity thus my comp and inet and what not.. 
No cables for the old Nokia to charge in my car..so I bought Google owned spy err smartphone..but then I totalled my car.. 
Oh well..it should take max three days more before internet is back in place..
"Who would have thought that mankind massively converting O2 to CO2 in such a short timeline would cause problems on a planet that depends on CO2 being massively converted to O2 to support mankinds life?"   Pixels of light borrowed from Jebus. 

Visitors will now have to know something about nuclear to answer the challenge question required to post. I'll try to keep the question/answer basic and easy. The challenge question is the primary defense against spam. The spam bots know all the math questions. Seeing how effective changing the challenge question was at stopping the spam, I'm not going back to easy math questions. I don't think it's asking too much for visitors to work out the challenge. If the spammers work out this question/answer I'll change it again as needed. Thanks.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

This Labor Day weekend I've put a major dent in the spam traffic.  There's an endless supply it seems but it wasn't all spam.  I was glad to see quite a bit of legitimate traffic.  On the main index page towards the bottom there's a Board Statistics section with a summary of Who's Online and an icon to see the Who's Online page that shows what guests are reading and members who've been online today.  I put a red circle over the icon to show where it is.    

"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Good work on the administration Horse, thanks.
HHD, thanks for your recent contributions.
DUDe,  pour your heart out.  It is the heart, as much as the sterile calculation which will save what is left of the planet.
Art, poetry, music...they express what dry assemblages of words are unable to.  We need to be moved.
Did we lose Staup?

CafeRadLab....so much possibility, so little used

Hi Code, I hope you had a nice vacation, Good to see HHD back too. DUDe and I tried holding down the fort while you were gone. Vital1's hanging in there. I think we have lost Staup, maybe he didn't like the change of administration here. I'm still upset at losing half of my work over the last four years. The member list has been cleared of spammers that I can identify. What's left is old ENEers without the troublemakers. The challenge question/answer has really helped block the spam bots, I've only had one spammer get registered. I'd like you to know though that we get many visitors that aren't spam. Keep adding good content and more will come.

Thanks Code and Horse..

Where's Jebus ? Rtsmith ? Heart -----> to all..

Altruists of the World Unite!

We have managed to divide the planet into a bunch of nation-states that, with a very few exceptions, maintain standing armies to protect themselves from other nation-states and view national sovereignty as their highest, and perhaps only, political value.
The biggest joke on the planet may be the phrase “national security.”

It almost always justifies something brutal, whether outright murder (a.k.a. war) or climate apartheid—the rejection and condemnation of refugees who are fleeing terrible conditions in their homeland, often created or intensified by climate change.
There is no such thing as national security independent of global security.

Another term here is wholeness: All things—all people—are connected. Unfortunately, we have managed to divide the planet into a bunch of nation-states that, with a very few exceptions, maintain standing armies to protect themselves from other nation-states and view national sovereignty as their highest, and perhaps only, political value. This seems to leave the planet as a whole unable to unify around deep and serious issues such as climate change, which transcend national borders.

The intellectual defense of national sovereignty is that it’s a far better alternative than an autocratic, one-world government. Such a monstrous entity—Hitler writ large—is very easy to imagine, considering that governments on a smaller scale have authoritarian tendencies even if they purport to be democracies, and, of course, absolute power corrupts absolutely. No one wants to imagine a Putin or a Trump dictating directives to the planet at large. Nevertheless, leaving the planet in the hands of 190 or so potential autocrats or corporate errand boys is hardly a better alternative.

...continued

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/...orld-unite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7NifFA4QkE
"Who would have thought that mankind massively converting O2 to CO2 in such a short timeline would cause problems on a planet that depends on CO2 being massively converted to O2 to support mankinds life?"   Pixels of light borrowed from Jebus. 

Dude, how can we love the whole world as one unless it includes our own pitiful selves?

There is the political issue which you bring up.  Presidents, policies, ideologies.   The nuclear problem is part of this political problem. 

Regarding the  issue of immigration, it is complex. The article you cite seems to suggest that the Trump administration, indeed, the U.S. in general is not fair to the needy who want to immigrate to this country with its politics, people and possibilities. The author goes so far as to invoke the world trade center incident, and how this brought everyone together.

But what solutions are offered?  What investigation into the roots of the problem is made?

9-11 was used either naively or shamelessly, Im not sure which.   9-11 reveals that large portions of government entities are criminally corrupt and will risk all, killing innocent people and causing much destruction, in order to make money.

https://www.ae911truth.org/

9-11 illustrates that the government, the EPA, UL FBI, CIA are corrupt

https://www.corbettreport.com/911whistleblowers/

Thus, 9-11 is not a story about heros and people coming together, its a story about corruption and criminal pathological power.  

The relationship to the immigration problem is complex.  The Trump position is to be seen largely as a rhetorical ploy, a theater.   The reality is that U.S. corporations, the big farms, use low income labor from Mexico and this will not change regardless of who is president. 

TRUMP HAPPILY EMPLOYING UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS 
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/...ed-workers
the Trump Organization currently employs a “roving crew of Latin American employees” to perform masonry and maintenance work at his winery and various golf clubs around the country. For almost two decades, the group has been comprised of workers who came into the US illegally

The U.S.economic powers need more Mexican workers.  they will get what they want;
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/immigrati...52247.html

A lot of this subject revolves around the ideology of equality and eradication of prejudice.   In my view, people are simple minded about this.  Can we really love all equally, regardless of their culture and activities? We cannot!  We are not prejudiced only as long as the other culture acts like we think they should...models of our own ideal.  For example, we have an ideal of the noble American Indian, and feel bad that they were ruthlessly exterminated.  This is true, yet do we embrace the tribes that kept slaves, torturing them in the most gruesome of ways?  Will you lovingly invite a cannibal, a Yakuza, or indeed a Trump hotel into your neighborhood?  

Cultures differ, and you wont always fit in
sure, offer him a cookie, but dont joke about the missing fingers

[Image: 140308-yakuza-tease_do5vvl.jpg]

The cause of much of the migration crisis is due to the military/economic policy of the U.S. and other countries, including the European Union.   This horrible and unforgivable state of affairs does not mean that an open arms migration policy will result in a positive consequence.  

In California, it was a kind of glorious place to live about 50 years ago. Now it is the "Gang Capital of America," with an estimated 450 active gangs with a combined membership of more than 45,000 in 2019.  Latinos outnumber anglos and the mix is not based on love and mutual admiration.

How do you like this music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpK2hU3Q0Jc

I thought you might like it, as the style is directly descended from Emperor Maximilian I who was the first to bring the music of Middle Europe to México. Norteño music developed from a blending of Mexican and Spanish oral and musical traditions, military brass band instrumentation, and Germanic musical styles such as polka and waltz."

Emperor Maximilian is directly related to Belgian monarchy as you can see in the chart

Belgian monarchy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Belgium

One of the lyrics translates as 

With an AK47 and bazuka on the back of the head
flying off heads that get in the way
we are bloodthirsty crazy well waved
we like to kill
 to kidnap people we are the best
always in caravan, all my plebada
well wired, armored and ready
to execute
with a private call are activated
the high levels of the accelerations
of torture, bullets and explosions to control
people are scared and never wonder
if they see the commands, when they are going
all enraged, well hooded
and well camouflaged they
go demonized, very well commanded
ready and order, to make a mess
to make suffer and die against
until they agonize they
go and make pieces of people with bullets
continuous bursts, which do not end
sharp knife, horn pierced
to slaughter ...

These are my neighbors Dude...dont you just love em like brothers? Everyone is dancing to the colorful waltz and two step corrido music here.  The boys are super macho and the girls wear tight shorts with frilly underwear hems showing.  Be sure to bring a switchblade, a pistol and get a tattoo...its all part of the lively colorful culture of my border towns and the dance music we call....Norteno!!

Hey all! Good to hear from friends. I've been facing the political winds lately. Listening. Hearing the division bells. Wondering which path will be taken. Sad to report it doesn't look like enough will be done and what little is will be too late. That's really all I get at this point in my time here. I get to see the path taken. My path is back to her.
Solutions I hear. We are wallowing in our solutions. We seem to tend to every aspect of life on this planet. Applying our solutions. Reaping our comfortable rewards. If we could only see through a creatures eyes looking at us. They say we are not creatures, we are humans. I am ashamed. I don't understand why everyone else is not ashamed too...

Multiple fire commissioners from the New York area have passed a resolution calling for a new investigation into 9/11, citing the evidence of explosives.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/911-fi...xplosives/

How we gonna save a planet consuming ourselves this way?

Fire did not cause World Trade Center Building 7 collapse, UAF study suggests
https://www.ktva.com/story/41015153/fire...y-suggests

68.7% of the world's adult population, control just 3% of the world's wealth
0.7% of the world's adult, population control 41% of the world's wealth.
https://www.businessinsider.com/global-w...id-2013-10

I dont think politics is the answer.   "The people must de-fund the lying murdering psycho bastards"....someone said.  

the extent of the known life of the  universe fits in a ball 1/10 the size of the moon.   Time to save it

some of the 9/11 - THE FOOTAGE THEY DIDN'T LET YOU SEE TWICE
https://youtu.be/djKIlXz8WJs

there is so much info about the WTC its practically boring.   

its remarkable that pyscho leaders could pull off the WTC demolition.  Its equally remarkable the public couldnt see the obvious.  It should be a test in every engineering school;  Do buildings fall down this way?

Its a great time to be a conspiracy theorist.  Think of any bad stuff going on and chances are good you are correct about a bunch of money and power mad rich men causing it  

[Image: 20130906-154945.jpg]

"How we gonna save a planet consuming ourselves this way?"

More of a question on how we treat each other, Code.

"citing the evidence of explosives"

If the flights were allowed to happen, noticed from the chatter, there would have been plenty of time for that setup.

How we treat each other is the key to understanding how we treat this planet, the rest of life, and consequently how we treat each other.

Jebus,  always good to hear from you.
Yes, humans are not enlightened about their place on the planet...or even  in their heads

Birdie was rehabbed and adopted several other eastern kingbirds during her introduction to the wild. She flew free and came home several times a day to feed from my hand. The others waited nearby, clearly in awe of her brevity to approach The Human.

There's that.

Yes, that interaction. I wonder how Birdie saw you, HHD. As another symbiotic creature?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Visitor Comments Oct 2019 Code 136 1,691 1 hour ago
Last Post: Horse
  Visitor Comments anon 23 2,624 07-25-2019, 05:28 AM
Last Post: DUDe