• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sept 2015
Transfer reddit fuku web cam watchers sept folder

submitted by HorseCam at reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/FukushimaWebCam.../?sort=new
  • 9-3 Lots of crane movement by the r3 pit and by r1 this week. The rains at night are causing distortions on the screen, that have been called webs. Majia, on her blog asks if some of the light effects might be something other than raindrops sticking to the lens forming orbs and webs. http://majiasblog.blogspot.com/2015_08_01_archive.htmlI think most webs are probably just raindrops, but some effects may be caused by emissions. Last month I noticed that the smoke or fog of emissions rolling over the top of reactor 4 looked just like the web effects curling over reactor 4. It has rained without causing webs but when emissions are high, webs form. Keep reporting those webs, I've found lightening strikes hiding in those storms.I was looking for gamma sparks on Cam4 and found a few on 8-8-2015. While looking for gamma sparks, I caught a flicker of black in the sky. Looked at it frame by frame and noticed this quick, flying object in view for just five frames in a row, about a half a second. I have recorded insects, birds, helicopters, planes, and drones flying over the plant but none as fast as this.The 5 frame grabs are posted in the 8-8-2015 album in my HorseCam library at photobucket along with some gamma spark grabs. http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/H...zckunc.png Lots of strange things to see and ponder on the TEPCO cams.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

[Image: 09-08%20070420%20r1%20roof%20panel%20rem...4kzlvu.png]
  • 9-8 Cam1 Another r1 roof panel is being removed.  The crane started up about 6:00 jst, roof panel liftoff about 7:00, finished by 8:00. 
  • 9-8 01:45 Futaba  Bright yellow light on the left
  • 9-7 18:45 Cam1  R1 tent has striped lights on again.
  • 9-6 21:30 Cam4 had some webs.  Cam1 showed raindrops dripping down the middle, showing some sparks, the emissions built up quickly over the r3 pit.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Majia posted today screen shots of an event I have not witnessed before.

Documented here: http://majiasblog.blogspot.com.au/2015/0...above.html

Pia
just pm me if needed.

9-12 08:15 Cam1 good close up of the panel as they move it dockside.

9-12 06:35 third roof panel comes off of the south end of the R1 tent. 

9-11 Evening started with bright light over the r3 pit area on cam1. Lots of sparks, may count those later. Emissions heavy on both tepcams. R3 pit light diminished, emissions decreased somewhat, hardly any light over r3 pit by 22:30.
Quote:jec
CAM1 shows lights and heavy emissions in a localize spot over by the far right side, near Reactor 3/4. Its the same place/area JNN shows white out emissions. CAM4 shows a haze. Keep eyes on the place today I guess. Time is 20:28 09110215 JST time.
Quote:nuckelchen
hello again

2015 09 11

10 x timelapsed:
https://youtu.be/Dq741kc7OkI

realtimed & captured:
https://youtu.be/TEmVVSbLEV8

The sparks indicated a radiologic event.  The light and smoke in the same area as other events.  The heavy rains pounding Japan, smashing levees, flooding infrastructure.  Fukushima Diary reported another worker died on the 9th.  http://fukushima-diary.com/2015/09/anoth...-coverage/
Three workers died last month, and another this month. 

Quote:pure water
I`d like you to see this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKBcsMyVGpo
It is from 2 of August, and can give us some answers, or provoke more questions.

Good bird's eye view of the plant.  Localized fogging hanging over the broken reactors.  Look at the tank farm, all that contaminated water. 

Gamma spark charts for Aug 1 and 2.   New graphs with corrected time delays, found an excel formula that works, see the sparks for 8-1 at http://s87.photobucket.com/user/HorseCam...08-01-2015
[Image: 8-2-2015%20graph_zpsdcbbtqah.png]

[Image: 8-1-2015%20graph_zpszzjyindu.png]

9-12-2015  21:05  
[Image: 09-12%20210517%20splotch_zpswcvjqnks.png]

[Image: 09-12%20210546%20splotch_zps30k9q1dj.png]

[Image: 09-12%20210548%20splotch_zpsmkopmcf1.png]

Looks even stranger in motion:

at 20 into the 1:45 clip, watch for the dark streak going from right to left

at 45 into the 1:45 clip, see the splotch on the left

at 1:10 into the 1:45 clip, see the splotch on the right

dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1d5kqncbblbv90...h.flv?dl=0

vimeo
9-12-2015 splotch 1:45
https://vimeo.com/139571030

9-14 14:24 cam4 black spot  This frame is a black spot that lasted 1 tenth of a second on the screen.  The gamma sparks are a single frame event.  Whatever it is it was only on the screen for a tenth of a second. 

[Image: 09-14%20142436%20black%20spot_zpsrldnnq9i.png]

(09-08-2015, 12:51 PM)piajensen Wrote: Majia posted today screen shots of an event I have not witnessed before.

Documented here: http://majiasblog.blogspot.com.au/2015/0...above.html

That looks more like a work light being blurred by the heavy rains washing the lens.  The light came on at 02:06; can't see the light by 05:00 dawn.

Horse: That looks more like a work light being blurred by the heavy rains washing the lens.  The light came on at 02:06; can't see the light by 05:00 dawn.

Pia: Question then is - what particulate matter is the work light bouncing off of, revealing that color? Thinking the work light is white?
Pia
just pm me if needed.

(09-16-2015, 06:44 AM)piajensen Wrote: Horse: That looks more like a work light being blurred by the heavy rains washing the lens.  The light came on at 02:06; can't see the light by 05:00 dawn.

Pia: Question then is - what particulate matter is the work light bouncing off of, revealing that color? Thinking the work light is white?
There's a light seen in that spot usually red, think its a work light on a roof or the light on the top of a small crane.  Any particulates in the rain filtered the color of the light, dimming the color.  Watched as sheets of water on the lens shimmered the view, blurring all the lights.  The water poured over the lens too fast for orbs, they need to stick to the lens.  The 9-12 pics looked more like particulate matter sticking to the lens but the reflected light didn't dance around like webs.

Checked out that area night after the rains and saw bright white light there, so the coloration was orange in the rainout of Fuku pollutants.

Don't know what pollutants or elements might cause that funky yellow-brown color.

too bad there's no onsite webcams showing closer detail. why might a red light be used?
Pia
just pm me if needed.

(09-16-2015, 09:51 AM)piajensen Wrote: too bad there's no onsite webcams showing closer detail. why might a red light be used?
Cranes have lights, red on the top of the boom, maybe.  Some have mentioned that other red lights seen, especially the blinking ones may be a radiation alert, don't know, tend to think most are just equipment lights.  Daiichi is an industrial plant that must be manned 24-7 in all weather, lots of lights.  There are lots of cameras on site, we only have access to the two and they are zoomed tight onto rooflines so we can't see much.

It's unfortunate that TEPCO can not help itself and make it easier for others to help by providing the highest quality, most diverse sets of views. This disaster is far too "clandestine" and must be more accessible. Did you know that the call for proposals they made was, as I was told by an industry rep., closed off to those who weren't already in that work and in good with Japan. So to speak. I have the same feelings about their website reports - they are not very "accessible" and really need to have people on staff translating those reports.

For example, today's report (16th) in Press Releases google translates the TEPCO JP headline to: For approval of the change approval application "Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant specific nuclear facilities to such Plan of Implementation" here http://www.tepco.co.jp/cc/press/2015/1260232_6818.html which leads to PDFs which can not be translated, but which may have valuable information. When you copy paste the text of the reports, each character occupies on line creating one long column of Japanese characters which do not translate into anything really meaningful. This reporting practice requires that agencies and other interested parties must have an engineer/physicist translator on staff at best.

Another data reporting "gaffe" that makes correctly understanding the circumstances difficult to impossible is the practice of citing a page with multiple types of reports but not calling out specifically which updated PDF or other link is related to the update.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

It is frustrating to honest researchers when orgs stonewall.  Japan cannot admit to itself or the world how bad the disaster is without losing control of the populations affected; thus the state secrets act, stonewalling info, and media control.  TEPCO's page, the EPA radnet, were designed to conceal information long enough to fool any researcher, buying them time.  The cameras aren't much of a view into the mess, but watchers have called them on many lies.  Hard to say cold shutdown when I see Fuku fog rising from the broken reactors, can't say 'no fission' when I see gamma sparks on cam, hard to smile when your teeth fall out.  Radiation can't be directly sensed, but signs of it can be seen on the cams.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

lol... hey, we are both actually here in near close to real time! I concur on all points - the avoidance, the distractions, the spin. All designed to keep the extreme nature of Fukushima's ongoing fission under the rug. One "lie" thta is esp. disconcerting that watchers have pointed out is the hugely edited youtube reports. Taking such large chunks of time off a videos causes me to think they are hiding some visible fission event or some other occurrence they'd prefer to keep out of the public eye.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

9-17 18:50 cam1 shows its raining with drops streaking down the lens.  The striped lights came on in the lower half of the r1 tent.  Cam 4 has shimmering light reflections over the r4 extension.

9-18 20:15 watched the emissions increase over the r3 pit, the light flaring up, nuclear fire still smoldering away. Sparks a bit then smokes up the r3 pit making it brighter, more sparks, then the right corner flares brightly, gets smokier. The striped lights not on in the r1 tent tonight. Cam 4 showing a slight fog of emissions.

(09-16-2015, 01:35 PM)Horse Wrote: The cameras aren't much of a view into the mess, but watchers have called them on many lies.  Hard to say cold shutdown when I see Fuku fog rising from the broken reactors, can't say 'no fission' when I see gamma sparks on cam, hard to smile when your teeth fall out.  Radiation can't be directly sensed, but signs of it can be seen on the cams.

This is exactly why I feel the web cam watchers are so important and that more people ought join in the conversation (here after we move to a new url) so we can have the conversation that really needs to be had, instead of relying on a company that has been caught lying. fabricating, delaying, distracting, etc.. and a government that supports that practice.

What exactly are the physics occurring at Fukushima Daiichi? Knowing that is the only way we will have any real understanding of the severity and extent of the disaster which is the first place to start when formulating a defense.

That conversation is not being had. At least, not publicly.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

(09-18-2015, 06:43 AM)piajensen Wrote: What exactly are the physics occurring at Fukushima Daiichi? Knowing that is the only way we will have any real understanding of the severity and extent of the disaster which is the first place to start when formulating a defense.
The physics occurring...has kept me watching the cams.  Watchers reported on what was normal, new, or unusual and we gathered evidence.  Normal raindrops don't stick to the lens causing big webs, normal fog doesn't concentrate over reactors and pools, normal work lights don't flare up to fill the night sky with light, little gamma sparks don't appear on my vacation photos.  The watchers reveal what TEPCO hides, evidence of nuclear fire burning out of containment, radioactive plumes polluting the air and sea.

An example of plasma in arc mode.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/H...dbtfyn.png
[Image: 05-21%20r1%20lightening%200205_zpsindbtfyn.png]

fantastic pink lightning sky there.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

The lightening, plasma in arc mode, doesn't show in timelapse.  Was amazed when I found these hiding in the recordings.  A watcher was reporting webs, and look what was happening.  Many electrical storms came and went without any notice.  I've had to brush up on plasma physics as well as nuclear physics to understand what is happening at Daiichi.

Plasma physics... yeah, we need some scientists here...
Pia
just pm me if needed.

9-12-2015 21:05 Splotch - I thought it had a vaporous quality. Arto plutonium bubbles did come to mind. I don't think it is a plutonium bubble but maybe something similar. Have often seen reddish particulates that stick to the screen in clumps or blobs for awhile, that particulate matter may float around in the air as a charged vapor cloud until it hits something to condense onto. Don't know what element the reddish blobs might be, iron oxide, or one of the many radionuclides, all possibilities. Looked like a new type of web, without the dancing light, just to confound things. Wonder how many of these little less than two minute events we may have missed over the years.