• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEBCAM May 2018
Post webcam observations for May here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Cameras nearby
TBS-JNN
Tomioka
Iwaki
Direct network stream  Futabagun  http://stm.futabagun.jp/510.swf

Time Lapse Archives
Fukushima Daiichi
sengoku1904
Fuku1long
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

05-02 It rained the last two nights.  Grey days, no crane activity showing in the tepcam views.  The rains have washed some of the fallout from the air around the cameras, at least cam1 sparking has slowed but I found another cam4 spark.  Here's some spark pics and a combo shot of the tepcams at noon.  

"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

05-04 There hasn't been any signs of life or work activity the past week on the tepcams, not even around r1 which usually has regular activity.  The shift in cam1's positioning cuts off half of r3 now.  The rain has washed the lens clean and the view at noon is clear.

Found this tweet today re: 3 May radioactive waste water dumping into the sea. 

via FukushimaExposed @fukushimaexpos2 https://twitter.com/fukushimaexpos2/stat...1363325952

"Do you want to know what pisses me off the most about this entire shit show, besides the coverup and the lies. The feeling of absolute TOTAL helplessness continually watching them do whatever the fuck they want and knowing that THEY know what the end result is!.."

Pia
just pm me if needed.

Yes, I saw that too and took some tepcam grabs from that day.  I wish we had that TBS camera view but no one is offering it, yet the Japanese seem to have it still.  The post is indicating that a steam event is occurring because of some rad waste dumping.  There does seem to be a difference between a radioactive fogging or steaming compared to normal rainfall.  I think the webs are an important indicator of the different local weather.  I've noticed the last few nights more web activity mixed in with the scattered rains.  I wish someone would post a link to some of that TBS view.  

Apparently off air now, but, maybe this source is true: TBS/JNN live WEBCAM - Fukushima Daiichi http://radioactive.eu.com/index.php?opti...Itemid=193
I sent them a note that the livestream is not streaming.

Found it, but, it isn't available in my country. http://news.tbs.co.jp/newsi_sp/Fukushima_Daiichi_NPP/
Pia
just pm me if needed.

TBS hasn't been available outside Japan for a long time now; Ustream remains off-line too.  I hoped you could get 'Fukushima exposed' to post some of that video.  The tepcams don't show much of the bay or much of the plant inland of the line of reactors.  What little view the tepcams offer doesn't show fogging coming from the sea so the source must be inland of the line of reactors on the coast.  Dumping radioactive material into the sea wouldn't result in steam unless it was boiling hot but the radioactive material all over the site would contribute to radioactive fog forming in high humidity.  My guess would be that the CSFP area spewing radionuclides is probably a big source of the radioactive fog that forms inland.

(05-09-2018, 06:21 AM)Horse Wrote: TBS hasn't been available outside Japan for a long time now; Ustream remains off-line too.  I hoped you could get 'Fukushima exposed' to post some of that video.  The tepcams don't show much of the bay or much of the plant inland of the line of reactors.  What little view the tepcams offer doesn't show fogging coming from the sea so the source must be inland of the line of reactors on the coast.  Dumping radioactive material into the sea wouldn't result in steam unless it was boiling hot but the radioactive material all over the site would contribute to radioactive fog forming in high humidity.  My guess would be that the CSFP area spewing radionuclides is probably a big source of the radioactive fog that forms inland.

I really hope you're wrong on that one Horse.
"Madam Secretary" advocating clean nukes with 0 (zero) casualty due to TMI, Chernobyl, Fukushima.
Relax TV Viewers, everything is fine and dandy.
This is one of the reasons I've never had any TV. Duh.
And if it were the only lies we were fed, it still wouldn't feel fine nor dandy.
And if one argument was enough to say No to nukes, NPPs were built to produce fissile nucleides to make bombs.
But I'm thick and many other frightening arguments were needed for me to wake up.
Wishing you and us all well. All the best and thanks always Horse and caferadlab.
Cloudy morning on Webcam #1 and #4. At least we can still watch those.2018 05 10 07:17 JST

We all woke up for a while back in 3-11 when the failing reactors started popping their lids.  It has taken some time and effort to lull most everyone back to sleep.  The lies and misdirection from the onset of the disaster have resulted in a cognitive dissonance.  Atom bombs kill, be very afraid; but nuclear power is safe, be very happy.  I kept watching the tepcams waiting for the smoke to clear and the distortions to stop so we could see the mess that would need to be cleaned up.  Why were the webs so frequent, big, and they lasted longer than they do now?  Distortions were color bands in the view that lasted minutes and hours are now quick blips that I can only catch reviewing the recordings.  Spark rates that were two and three times what I find now.  Its only lately that the rain runs down the screen like it should and the local fog doesn't constantly blur out the view.  The common spent fuel pool area has been nudged further out of the tepcam views so we won't see the radioactive fog reflecting the site lights.  Cleaning up and covering up, the cranes have started moving again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM April 2018 Horse 17 2,360 04-30-2018, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM March 2018 Horse 29 3,794 03-30-2018, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Code
  WEBCAM February 2018 Horse 28 4,768 02-25-2018, 12:56 PM
  WEBCAM January 2018 Horse 16 3,191 01-31-2018, 06:26 PM