• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • Welcome to the discussion on all things nuclear
  • This site is updated daily.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WEBCAM November 2015
Post webcam observations for November 2015 here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Cameras nearby
TBS-JNN
Tomioka
Iwaki

Direct network stream  Futabagun  http://stm.futabagun.jp/510.swf

Time Lapse Archive  sengoku1904
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Thank You!
Pia
Jitsi chat: enfo.pia@gmail.com

Thank you Horse for this site area. Will post while I can, but sailing 1500 miles in a couple days..and then dont know what my email will be like. Good Site, kudos to the admin, piajensen. Doing some research on Atantic, still have two boats in the Pacific doing dosimeter reports. one is http://www.donnalange.com..shes just rounded the southern tip of Africa, reports CPM daily in her blog.

The blue spark you caught the other day, chilling to say the least. Good work.
JEC on SV Growltiger.

Hi Horse, Pia, nice to see you Jec,

Been meaning to say that is the bluest spark I have ever seen Horse, would love to get a close up on that one! Nice catch.

There was a long pipe ladder object coming up from the middle of R3, emissions venting? 12:00pm 11-1-15 on JNN cam. Was doing a comparison to show this object was missing on cam4 and suddenly a ship appeared, slowly moved to the middle of the screen and then rushed back as if to get out of sight quickly, all done within a few minutes.

Also watching R2 reddish spot area from 11-29, now the flame disappeared but that area still has colorful vapors coming out from the middle and at the base of R2.

Recent report from enenews - "Deadly 9.4 sieverts detected outside Fukushima reactor 2 containment vessel; checks stop… Details behind the situation are unknown".  I wonder exactly where this is being detected and if it could be one oft these vaporous hot spots.

(10-31-2015, 11:56 AM)JEC Wrote: Thank you Horse for this site area. Will post while I can, but sailing 1500 miles in a couple days..and then dont know what my email will be like. Good Site, kudos to the admin, piajensen. Doing some research on Atantic, still have two boats in the Pacific doing dosimeter reports. one is http://www.donnalange.com..shes just rounded the southern tip of Africa, reports CPM daily in her blog.

The blue spark you caught the other day, chilling to say the least. Good work.
JEC on SV Growltiger.

Jec, welcome to the rad lab, post as often as you can, I've missed your observations.  Lucas and Pia saved the day hosting this webcam forum.  The café is a great place to network and research with talented and knowledgeable people.  The blue spark with such intensity and the others we've found on cam4 is an indication to me that some melt in the south part of the plant isn't being kept cool enough.  Daiichi still steams and they can't hide all of it from the webcam watchers.  

Kudos to you, sailing the Atlantic collecting data.  Gather you're trying to establish a baseline for radioactivity at sea, where little research has been done.  Awesome work, please share.  Wishing you a full sail and fair weather.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

JEC & Horse, those orange, flame-like sections remind me of a time in 2011 or 2012, when there was orange, flame-like activity in an upper section of one of the units (3 or 4, I can't recall now). That time it was definitely not work lights. I think it could have been a spent fuel pool flaming.
Pia

(11-01-2015, 02:31 AM)califnative Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=135]
I'm wondering what kind of ship that is, and what operations they were performing.
"All models are flawed, some are useful."
George E. P. Box

11-02  Lucas, might be this ship.  When seen passing Daiichi, it sometimes docks at Iwaki.  A military cutter is probably assigned to patrol the area, gotta keep terrorists from blowing up a NPP or SFP.  I would think some radiation monitoring is being conducted, probably at levels deemed to low to worry the people with.

11-2 17:04 cam4 check for spark.  Watched a small cloud, like a vapor curling over the r4 extension; a crane with a red light at the tip gets in the middle off it.  Small black cranes move in front of the r4 extension, tips only blink red sometimes.  A lot of moisture in the air, rained a bit earlier spotting on cam4, mostly clear views on both cams now.  Vapors slightly glowing in the lights visible on both cams in the area of the r3 pit and r4 extension.  17:40 Cam1 showing that striped light again in bottom half of r1, still faint, only seeing a couple bars. 18:00 clears as cranes stop. Cam1 striped lights have faded out. 18:13 cam4 webs lower right corner peeked up, showing across the bottom. Webs tonight on cam4.

CalifNative, Lucas, Horse: It would be nice to know the backstory and activity of the ship - and is it the same ship associated with "rumors" that stuff may be getting incinerated offshore... I'm looking now for any sources...

This may be it: April 2011: TEPCO Plan for sampling and radiation measuring of seawater offshore  http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/press/corp-com...0402e2.pdf

Page 1:
1. Objective

With the advice from Nuclear Safety Commission, in addition to the radioactivity measurement of seawater that has been implemented (sampling conducted at 4points), radioactivity measurement of seawater offshore will be conducted in order to estimate the radioactivity impact from the emission source.

2.Areas to collect sample(1) Offshore points to collect sample
i. 15 km offshore from Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station
ii. 15 km offshore from Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Station
iii. 15 km offshore from Iwasawa Beach(2) Method of measurement
-  Conduct  surface  seawater  sampling from shipboard by utilizing bucket type sampler.
- We will identify γ-ray emitting nuclide of the seawater sample.
(3) Frequency of measurement
In principle, once a day.

We may cancel sampling depending on the weather offshore.
Measurement will be conducted from April 2nd.

Page 2:

Pia

Definitely not the Greenpeace ship noted Jan 2014 Fukushima Now: Problems, Solutions and Concerns http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/fukushima-...-concerns/
Pia

(11-02-2015, 04:54 AM)Horse Wrote: 11-2 17:04 cam4 check for spark.  Watched a small cloud, like a vapor curling over the r4 extension; a crane with a red light at the tip gets in the middle off it.  Small black cranes move in front of the r4 extension, tips only blink red sometimes.  A lot of moisture in the air, rained a bit earlier spotting on cam4, mostly clear views on both cams now.  Vapors slightly glowing in the lights visible on both cams in the area of the r3 pit and r4 extension.  17:40 Cam1 showing that striped light again in bottom half of r1, still faint, only seeing a couple bars.   18:00 clears as cranes stop.  Cam1 striped lights have faded out.  18:13 cam4 webs lower right corner peeked up, showing across the bottom.  Webs tonight on cam4.

Green spark, notice a bit of cloud over the r4 extension.  Crane tip glows a brighter red for awhile. The crane tip stops glowing but the cloud continues to play over the r4 extension, an hour and a half latter the cloud moves.   

11-2 18:45 the cloud and web faded out and I skipped thru the next few hours not seeing any change.

11-3 02:18 a small spark I happened to catch while skipping thru every few minutes.

11-3 04:34 a short 10 minute vapor event starts on the left side.  

Star 
Great job everyone.

Chasaha, great to see you posting here.  Thanks for sharing your videos at STOPnukesNOW, Chasaha's Youtube Site.  Excellent reminders of events and consequences.  STOP nukes NOW is the first step in a long road of recovery.  

The cloud and web sequence was plain to see.  Majia has pointed out how a cloud rises over that part of r4 in the same way at the same place.  I've seen the cloud curling over r4 in the afternoon when it wasn't raining.  Perhaps just the way wind currents happen to move it around the structures.  The webs didn't start until after that radioactive fog got closer to cam4 and steamed up the lens for a bit.  Yes, it might be water caustics, when it sticks to the lens.  

The ten minute steam event from the left side; where we can't really see what's going on, where we see so much smoke/steam coming from.  Short duration, faint indications, less noticeable on flowplayer.

The striped light in r1 was what got me looking at the recordings.  Events happen when that light comes on.  It wasn't very bright and didn't last long, but we did get a couple small events out of the evening.

(11-03-2015, 08:33 PM)Chasaha Wrote: Great job everyone.

Hi Chasaha, nice to see you. Cool Utube website, boy do I remember this fire event you recorded on May 20, 2014.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnu2S4hf5nE only a year and a half ago. Nice work.

(11-04-2015, 08:06 AM)Horse Wrote: The cloud and web sequence was plain to see.  Majia has pointed out how a cloud rises over that part of r4 in the same way at the same place.  

The ten minute steam event from the left side; where we can't really see what's going on, where we see so much smoke/steam coming from.  Short duration, faint indications, less noticeable on flowplayer.

The striped light in r1 was what got me looking at the recordings.  Events happen when that light comes on.  It wasn't very bright and didn't last long, but we did get a couple small events out of the evening.
Hi Horse - nice green meanie spark you caught. I noticed an active red/orange spot the day before you caught the evening R4 steaming event. 

Reddish object lowered by crane in front of R2 and heavy metal box pulled up from R3.

Pink gas coming out of black hole in front of R2 or over Spent Fuel Pool

I'm curious about this striped light you mention in R1, can you grab a picture so I can keep an eye on it too?

Califnative, Pic of the striped lights in r1.  http://caferadlab.com/thread-99-post-535.html#pid535
Yes, please post a jst if you see them on.  I don't look at every recording, but I will look if anyone posts an interesting event.  Equipment lights or something else stirring in there?  

"I noticed an active red/orange spot the day before you caught the evening R4 steaming event. "
That might be what steaming events look like in the day, a color spot blurring over known objects.  Might want to track that location over time and see if it happens often and how long it lasts.  Good job.

11-6 18:00 Lots of remote crane activity over the r3 pit today.  Small cranes still working this evening.  Haven't seen sparks or emissions on either cam, quiet night so far.  

Check out Nuckelchen's 8-19-2013 post.   http://caferadlab.com/thread-252.html

Thank you for the notice - what is the url of the original/ official publication?
Pia

(11-06-2015, 06:30 PM)elibi Wrote: Hi folks. What do you make of this? What is this white light?
It's 2015 11 07  07:24 JST

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772...7%2009.png

Thanks to all those who care and watch. And what's happened to enenews anyway? Huh

Hi elibi, glad you found our little hangout.  Yeah, what happened to enenews anyway?  Maybe just old and tired, webcam probably wasn't much of a draw anymore.  Maybe one day it will come up new and improved but until then I want to continue documenting the Daiichi disaster and this site has new and improved tools to organize and preserve our observations.  Some of the watchers are starting to drop links and current observations here.  Take a look at the historical observations we're building; links to the earliest videos of the disaster.  

I think the white light in your grab looks like lens flare from the glare of the sun that time of day.  If it slowly moves with the sun, its probably just a lens flare.  Someone might see something I missed, that's how we've found a few things tepco doesn't want known; thanks for posting.

11-08 18:15 Both cams blurred by humidity, saw a couple rain smears on cam1. Cam1 shows the fog/emissions glow over the plant brightest over the r3 pit. Cam4 shows a brighter glow with more coloration rising over the r1 roof opening than seen on a clear night. The flowplayer makes it look real bad in the rain.
18:42 More drops on cam1, the round blurs look like emissions, but they don't drift in the sky and tend to dissolve or move downwards. A few drops are sticking to the lens long enough to reflect light, might see webs.
19:00 Another cloud formed over r1 in the cam1 view and the light brightened over r1 in the cam4 view. On cam1 the cloud looks yellowish compared to the whiter glow over the r3 pit, but just as bright now. The glow on cam4 is very noticeable. 19:08 for a good grab. Cam1 cloud dissipates and cam4 glow dims, both cams show the same event.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM November 2017 Horse 33 2,764 11-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM November 2016 Horse 73 35,924 11-28-2016, 11:48 AM
  WEBCAM December 2015 Horse 79 61,732 05-09-2016, 03:17 PM