• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ENENews: Your Thoughts?
Some weeks have passed since ENENews went offline.

I think some of us figured it wouldn't last, there was so much there that 'threatened' TPTB, that it was bound to get dismembered somehow.

It's really unfortunate though, because there was so much great content - the news articles and certain educational comments provided us all with some serious information to consider as the nuclear industry continues to TRY to revive their dying industry.

My hope is that those of us who've been paying attention and collecting related materials will continue to inform the world about the very serious nature of Fukushima's ongoing emissions, TEPCO's ongoing ocean dumps and the nuclear industry's absolute disregard for our commons and public health.

If you have thoughts about Fukushima, or anything nuclear, that you want to share with the world through this forum (repository), Cafe Rad Lab, please do. I ask that you browse the different forums and threads, get a feel for where information goes, and read the threads in New Users.

We try to be a positive and responsive outlet for all nuclear news, science, data, tech, and opinion.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

http://enenews.com/ is back online.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Horse pointed out that someone over at ENE thinks CRL is a think tank like CFR. That's pretty funny.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

04-06-18  When I tried to go to enenews.com today, I get this message.

Down for everyone says

Quote:Is enenews.com down?

It's just you. enenews.com is up.

Any one else having issues getting in to ENENews?
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Thanks Code, I thought maybe it was just me that couldn't get in the clubhouse.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Enenews is working again.

I'm getting that account suspended message again at ENENews. I haven't seen a new article posted this year. It was difficult to navigate as links disappeared. Getting kinda lame and can't pay it's bills. Too bad, it was the best place to find news of the Fukushima nuclear disasters and chat about it. Hope ENENews comes back.

Code, I saw more collaboration in the beginning.  Minor differences of opinion led to a better understanding of what happened vs. the Tepco storyline.  Arguing with trolls and agents worked to inform and keep the place lively.  The signal was greater than the noise.  The format was unique and helped facilitate conversations.  Admin was active and fought the good fight with us, giving the anti-nukers a voice and a platform.  Tepco and pro-nukers fought back by giving us less information to work with when their deceptions failed.  The signal was weakened and the noise got louder.  The killer came when admin changed.  I mark that by when the ENENews webcam forum became dysfunctional.  The Fukushima disaster would be the end of nuclear energy unless dissenting voices were silenced.  The pro-nukers upped their game and they've taken away our platform.  You think you lost your audience but you haven't.  There is a thirst for truth that propaganda can't quench.  

Keep sharing those pixels of light.  Argue with me if it makes it easier, or vent, or explain it again.  I used to know everything but I've learned some things since then.  When I started here at CRL and saw all the weird user names, I thought Pia had a classroom of some 30 students that logged in every morning as part of an assignment.  They never commented; used to drive me crazy.  Those users were mostly spammers, I found out she was tweeting my posts in the morning and her followers were the only ones reading me.  I see about a hundred readers a day now but some feedback would help.  ENENewsers were always welcome to post here.  There's articles here to comment on and supplement with additional information.  It's a clean piece of paper, make good use of it.  You have edit privileges and can start a topic yourself.  Play nice and you'll be heard.  We need people on the left and the right and the ones in the middle, the old and the young, the holy rollers and the not quite so blessed working to end the nuclear folly and sequester nuclear materials if we are to keep our bodies healthier and our brains from shrinking any smaller than they are now.

Yes it is. Still a degraded mess, barely a resource or research tool any more. Webcam gone.
http://enenews.com/forum-fukushima-webca...april-2016
pulls up a blank page. No new article, far as I've checked they still have off-topic and general nuclear threads. Chat rooms to entertain us.

Hi ya Code.  I was monitoring all the talk at ENE and it was getting difficult to wade thru.  I know what Pia would say -

Users who maintain and participate on this platform foster a collegial atmosphere regardless of experience or intimate knowledge of the issues discussed.

Disagreement is okay; it adds to the catalyst, but we don't need foul mouthed personal attacks to make a point.  Personally I don't have any problem with ENE posters if they would argue intelligently instead of emotionally.  It will be more of a challenge here.  Start a thread and see what response it gets.  

Here's some catalyst for you.  Personal observations:

Hippie Dog - Boring monologues.  Other than filtering water offers nothing else helpful.  Attacking everyone and couldn't even label links.  I think Lamar's world might have purchased ENE but I have no proof.  Whether he has or not, he monopolizes any conversation.  A soap box queen.

Slander and his incarnations - too disruptive.  Seems intelligent but undisciplined.  Another soap box queen.

Anne - A wealth of research notes but no thesis.  What good is she if I can't quote her.  The religious proselytizing is inappropriate for this venue.  

GOM - Tried to add good research but got lost playing on the fringes.   I always thought you all were too hard on GOM for the outlandish ideas.  Maybe CRL could be a place for a fresh start, leave the old  baggage behind.  

Really can't keep on - too many posters to name.  Jebus, Obewan the kind of comments I enjoyed reading.  Uni injects much needed humor and insight.  The political landscape is so divided that intelligent discourse is impossible.  One side cares only about facts while the other side only cares how it makes them feel.  Both sides continue to ignore the real problem of the psychopaths in power playing both sides.  

I miss the old ENENews crew.  They weren't that rude to the nuclear cartel, they shone light on the life and death aspects of the current use of nuclear technology.  They brought truth to the lies and they're welcome to continue that here.

Where should I put... stuff?

ie The Industry

(10-30-2018, 06:15 PM)HHD Wrote: Where should I put... stuff?

ie The Industry

Depends on the stuff I guess. Pia has the board divided up into groups. I use the search function to find posts and different areas. Example, I post on Rocky flats stuff cause I grew up downwind of the fires. Search rocky flats and find a place to put a comment or article. When you can't find someplace then start a thread here in general.

And thanks for joining in HHD!

You could put US industry stuff in US NPPS. The other thing we might try is a daily or weekly thread so ENEnewsers could throw out random stuff pertinent to current events.

Try this if you just want a one stop place to post till you get familiar with CRL.  

November 2018 Chat
http://caferadlab.com/thread-2806.html

(10-31-2018, 07:56 PM)slndrmn Wrote: Well hello there.

(10-31-2018, 07:56 PM)slndrmn Wrote: Well hello there.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...1805001713

"Contamination of the soil by lead at a concentration that meets the current standards for permissible content in soil, and by 2,4-D herbicide at the application levels recommended for agricultural use resulted in a significant increase in aberrant cell frequency. In these cases, the extent of the observed cytogenetic effects was comparable with the effect induced by a 137Cs soil contamination of 49.2 kBq/kg, a level that exceeds by 10-fold the maximum level permitted in radionuclide-contaminated areas where people are resident."

Remember that? I mean, that's just cytogenic effects. I'd almost imagine you could mention that, related to nuclear radiation and other pollutions being even more damaging than suggested. You should REALLY see the new homologous wheat transcription and viral multiplication factor in something like wheat though. It has to do with AIDS in your food.

Really, some guys were sitting in a lab, going "How do we feed people more AIDS so that they can have more toxoplasma gondii and candida,  also?" There's a story about that.  https://phys.org/news/2018-10-virus-prod...ctors.html

Cool, it feels just like OT already.

I already hacked your site.

Edit 47:
I kinda laughed when I read some of the comments, I mean I don't expect to not be banned promptly, but it's not like I'm gonna post more. Subedit: I used to be reptilian, that was bad, which I noticed because I evolved to be a human, which is even worse, but that's over now, since I'm draconian.

Well, Slander pops in, and on his best behavior, welcome.  I agree that wheat products are unhealthy and the chemical toxins are just as bad as radionuclides for us.  It wasn't much of a hack though.  Pia has new member verification on auto and we always get a lot of spam email.  I hope playing nice doesn't hurt too much Slander, we have a common cause.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...1805001713
"Contamination of the soil by lead at a concentration that meets the current standards for permissible content in soil, and by 2,4-D herbicide at the application levels recommended for agricultural use resulted in a significant increase in aberrant cell frequency. In these cases, the extent of the observed cytogenetic effects was comparable with the effect induced by a 137Cs soil contamination of 49.2 kBq/kg, a level that exceeds by 10-fold the maximum level permitted in radionuclide-contaminated areas where people are resident."

Do I understand this correctly?:

Allowable amounts of both, (A) heavy metal + (A) herbicide= Harm to cells ("aberrant frequency/cytogenetic effects"), that is equal to the abnormal cell effects of 137Cs @ 10x permissible levels??

1/10?

....Note that these doses absorbed by the critical point of a plant growing in a pot filled with contaminated soil are approximately 1.64-fold less than would be absorbed if a plant grew in soil with the same specific activity in natural conditions.
The addition of Cd or Pb into soil led to a significant increase in the frequency of cytogenetic effects in all examined treatments (Tables 2 and 3). The soil contamination with cadmium of 2mg/kg, which is the maximal permissible level for Cd, was the only case where the cytogenetic effect was insignificant (Table 2).
3.1.2. The number of aberrations per aberrant cell
The ratio between the aberrant cell frequency and the number of aberrations per aberrant cell (NAAC) changes during exposure to diverse stressors and these differences can illustrate the underlying biological mechanisms of action of the stressors. Tables 2–4 present data on average NAACs in the spring barley intercalary meristem caused by radioactive and chemical contamination.
The highest level of NAAC occurred in the presence of 137Cs. The smallest among the tested levels of soil contamination with 137 Cs, i.e. 4.92 kBq/kg, caused a significant increase in the NAAC so that the spontaneous level was exceeded by a factor of 1.71. Further increase in the 137Cs contamination did not change the NAAC significantly. This can be related to some of the features of 137Cs uptake from the soil to the plant [22]: in particular, the higher the 137Cs contamination density, the lower the relative contribution of incorporated radionuclides to the absorbed dose.
For contamination with heavy metals, the NAAC increased with increasing concentrations of both cadmium and lead in the soil (Tables 2 and 3). However, a statistically significant increase was registered only at the highest (50 mg/kg) concentration of cadmium. The herbicide 2,4-D had no actual influence on the NAAC (Table 4) for the treatment regimes studied.

Cadmium induces apoptosis differentially on immune system cell lines
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...via%3Dihub

"The highest level of NAAC occurred in the presence of 137Cs. "

***The observed antagonisms may in part be due to the ability of the 2,4-D herbicide to inhibit 137Cs ion uptake from the soil to a plant [23].

(10-31-2018, 07:56 PM)slndrmn Wrote: Edit 47:
I kinda laughed when I read some of the comments, I mean I don't expect to not be banned promptly, but it's not like I'm gonna post more. Subedit: I used to be reptilian, that was bad, which I noticed because I evolved to be a human, which is even worse, but that's over now, since I'm draconian. Subedit 2: In Defense of Science: Why Scientific Literacy Matters, 2nd Edition is an interesting read, as a wizard. But I mean, those author names. I wonder if other wizards also have problems with misattribution and plagiarism? Subedit 3: I found a way to get my account deleted, it's an axiomatic statement.  Very elegant. When fuc|<h34d borg "scientists" get all kinds of desperate they say stupid 5h17 like diss: https://www.livescience.com/63996-cellph...study.html Subedit 4: May as well slip this in here before I get banned. https://phys.org/news/2018-11-paper-base...water.html It's kinda funny, it pairs gold with uranium again. I hope this post is basically unreadable. http://wise-uranium.org/dissgw.html#MCDIARMID18 Btw,  I was wondering, in like say Illinois, if you have lead and cadmium with your tritium and herbicides and plastics and stuff in your water, is that bad? Do you think it could have exponential effects? I seem to remember reading something about that but my memory is actively ignoring recalling that information, I sometimes use that  ability when I'm a hypocrite and willfully ignorant regarding things I'd rather not mention because admission is a difficult thing for an arrogant moronic fragile ego. Subedit 5: I didn't actually hack the site, but I mean, those bots sure make the timing convenient. I just figured I'd say that just before I'm accused of hacking the site and other people's pcs and stuff, like on enenews, save you the effort. Because honesty is something you people surely know. Subedit 6: Looks like Anne was right https://phys.org/news/2018-11-tough-shru...frica.html Pity she doesn't post here. I have lots of white supremacist stuff to talk about. Subedit 7:  That article is about a scientist Dick named Richard, how do you propose to address that? Imitating bots is harder than I thought. Subedit 8: It's okay, I won't post more, I have better things to do. https://archive.org/stream/medicinalmagi...o_djvu.txt  and https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.a...post258042 , I wonder if that DMT is as strong as what I've had. Oh also, we're not restarting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqzOSXOcI84 True story. Subedit 9: Oh I forgot, those are some interesting atmospheric effects from like sunday/monday or so. I wonder what would've caused that? Subedit 10: Sheesh, spelling. Subedit 11-a: It was a difficult choice, simply because there are so many cat pictures . Subedit 11-b: It was kinda funny when you lied like a deceptive hypocrite and because of your greed you tried to suggest that you're trying to teach me what's right. Yeah right, I won't question your motives. That's why I often promote government, religious and corporate institutions, but when you mention it, I somehow fail to reply. Omission is fun when you're ignorant and deflective. Just go avert your eyes. I promise, I don't read or consider anything you have to say. That's how it goes, it's pretty much over, but moreover, all over. I wanted to say something else, something about like a memory or something, but I forgot. That's normally a sign of unimportance or irrelevance. Subedit 12: Oh right, something about pandering that you're not the enemy. I laughed, because I mean, I'm kinda ruthless. Subedit 15 (translocation errata): Subedit 14 as an amendment of   *the not yet ratified subedit 13:  https://www.livescience.com/64003-bank-o...money.html LOL.  I mean, I was gonna suggest you symbolize pythagoras, and have that  triangle you can find in corporate hierarchy. Similar to the president of america, on the dollar bill, which should keep on facing sideways because it's too disgusting to look at.

*post-subedit 16 correction

**Symbolic omission, cytogenic is actually a word. But you don't have enough chromosomal functionality to understand that. Which is why you can't see it. I totally rapped the grammer.

Is there like a way to see how many times  I edited this post? Post-sub-amendment edit: Pretty sure it's 47. I say, I've heard people say (I)f you (I)gnore people and say "I" a lot, rather than US or WE or YOU, (I)t's a sign of narc(I)ss(I)sm related to depress(I)on and var(I)ous psychos(I)s(I(s)). Holy putrid hot wet technicoloured slightly bloodcrusted pungent faeces from offal fermented discharging as a product of bestial necrophagism! Some guy just said "Jesus" on the TV. BLASPHEMY! Narc, SS, SM. TROLLOL. Looks like you're going downtown. https://youtu.be/wlb-HWpDDx0 "Funniest things about whores is they know when their working is done"

Is this the good stuff?

I sense you're having trouble coping with ENEnews being suspended.

Quote:
(10-31-2018, 07:56 PM)slndrmn Wrote: "Soek jy 'n sangoma?" What's that stuff that provides nitrogen to roses? I forget. Go try and justify the excremental essence of your being. Sorry. https://phys.org/news/2018-11-capitalism...anity.html The ironic thing being that those sort of guys are trying to capitalize on scapegoating projections, while being quite ignorant. That's called hypocrisy, right?  Have you seen some random guy genocide humanity? I mean, that was an interesting attempt there, but really, it's not worth considering. I don't love humanity, not even slightly.  Like when people try to associate with "good" ideals and whatever, but when you question or look at it, you recognize that the association is merely to try and capitalize. This is a factor some people seem to miss, related to state capitalism, which I also don't care for,  perhaps even less than humanity. Just imagine what happens when the sun observes the abuse of earth, gets angry, and gives the earth just enough energy (not too much) to end that. If you have something to say, you can send me some mail. Which I won't read. Hey, so you have some serious microbiota problems. I mean it's really stupidly obvious in society, but it's as if people are in denial.  "And remember boys and girls, if you f^%$ a couch, everyone loses" And since society promotes that sort of s%$&, everyone lost. I ain't your average couch copulator. When I commit, things break. Again, I promise, I actually don't read ANY of the shit you say or reply with. That's how annoyed I am. I actually consider any attempt you make at communication as an egotistical appeal to be willfully ignored, based on your numerous insecurities. And obviously, I care absolutely naught if I get banned, I mean come on, this administration is even worse than enenews. It follows a similar pattern to typical politics, entropy is promoted as growth. Since we can't live together, you're separated from the only hope you had. Oh yeah, you lost me. I'll not trust you in any form of existence.

PS. I don't hate you (well, I probably do), but I mean, I'd rather not waste my time with you. This is a totally random side note, but, like, if you have a brain and a spine and you think about glycolysis and hijacking, which organisms would you implicate? I don't even know how I managed to type that sentence, and even less, understand it.

Since it's pretty much impossible to improve on the message in this post without significant amounts of "f^%$off", I guess I should quit. It's gonna take scientists millennia to even try figure this out.

Code, this stuff is beyond my meager intellectual capability. Does it sound like word salad to you?

(10-31-2018, 07:56 PM)slndrmn Wrote: Update: I found crude evidence of reasoning, greatly boosting the prospective chances of finding real intelligent life. https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2018/...rugmakers/ and https://undark.org/2018/10/18/to-sway-sk...st-listen/ which mentions soome not so cool things, but has this gem in the comments: Prevented Mortality and Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Historical and Projected Nuclear Power https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es3...ce=cen&amp;

Revision A: I found evidence of marijuana's profound effects on intelligence, it made rodent offspring smart enough to eat less sugar. https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-11-c...-rats.html

Hi slander, thanks for removing the word salad in your latest updates.  It helps to keep it simple, almost like you're trying to talk to us instead of at us.  

To the first link about FDA approval.  I'm not fond of modern medicines approach to our health, expensive treatments instead of cures.  I just heard that insulin prices were rising again.  I'm glad I never followed their dietary advice of high carbs - low fat.  The last time I went to a doctor, he pushed those statins on me.  After a month of bad side effects I quit taking them and quit that doctor too.  That's about the time I quit sugar and wheat and have had better health since.  We are what we eat.  

Where to find good advice these days?  On to your next link.  I liked the comment concerning belief and faith.  Belief has no evidence to support it, done out of ignorance.  Faith comes from trying and testing a belief to know whether its true or not.  I have faith in my basic troubleshooting skills to be able to observe objective reality.  

The third link, yeah, a real gem, we could start a thread with that one.  I guess they could claim that nuke will save us all because they narrow down the facts to support their position.  All energy production comes with costs, mostly hidden because we all want the benefits of heat and electricity.  Blinders off, the truth is not very pleasant; terrifying comes to mind.  

Thanks for the high mouse study link.  I wondered where some of the media articles were getting their ammo.  Light up or leave me alone.  I'm fortunate to live in a state that has decriminalized the evil weed.  It's hard for them to convince us to continue being lab rats and run their mazes if we can't be so easily motivated. Pavlov comes to mind.  They have us in their network but some of us can build our own network to stay awake to their conditioning.

No Code, you misplaced it on a spam thread.
http://caferadlab.com/thread-2849-post-6...ml#pid6260

Likely to get deleted when Pia kills off the spam. I'm surprised that Pia has left it sitting around so long. The quality of our contributions hasn't been very good lately, she hasn't much to tweet out from here.

Ditto on missing the other ENE posters.