• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ENENews: Your Thoughts?
Some weeks have passed since ENENews went offline.

I think some of us figured it wouldn't last, there was so much there that 'threatened' TPTB, that it was bound to get dismembered somehow.

It's really unfortunate though, because there was so much great content - the news articles and certain educational comments provided us all with some serious information to consider as the nuclear industry continues to TRY to revive their dying industry.

My hope is that those of us who've been paying attention and collecting related materials will continue to inform the world about the very serious nature of Fukushima's ongoing emissions, TEPCO's ongoing ocean dumps and the nuclear industry's absolute disregard for our commons and public health.

If you have thoughts about Fukushima, or anything nuclear, that you want to share with the world through this forum (repository), Cafe Rad Lab, please do. I ask that you browse the different forums and threads, get a feel for where information goes, and read the threads in New Users.

We try to be a positive and responsive outlet for all nuclear news, science, data, tech, and opinion.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

http://enenews.com/ is back online.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Horse pointed out that someone over at ENE thinks CRL is a think tank like CFR. That's pretty funny.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

04-06-18  When I tried to go to enenews.com today, I get this message.

Down for everyone says

Quote:Is enenews.com down?

It's just you. enenews.com is up.

Any one else having issues getting in to ENENews?
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

(04-06-2018, 07:41 PM)Horse Wrote: 04-06-18  When I tried to go to enenews.com today, I get this message.

Down for everyone says

Quote:Is enenews.com down?

It's just you. enenews.com is up.

Any one else having issues getting in to ENENews?

same for me. ENEnews is a troubled clubhouse

Thanks Code, I thought maybe it was just me that couldn't get in the clubhouse.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Enenews is working again.

I'm getting that account suspended message again at ENENews. I haven't seen a new article posted this year. It was difficult to navigate as links disappeared. Getting kinda lame and can't pay it's bills. Too bad, it was the best place to find news of the Fukushima nuclear disasters and chat about it. Hope ENENews comes back.

Horse; ENEnews was an interesting experience of the cyber blog world.  Like yin and yang, it seemed to thrive, at least to an extent, on the very things that made it irksome.  Call it what you will....trolling, battle of the dimwits, difference of opinion, bloviating balderdash....it seemed to keep a spark going.     For me, on the balance, it was a waste of time and an exasperating bugger.    Yet It was somehow easier, or more entertaining, to alight on the thread, spar some foolishness and write an opinion piece, than it was to knuckle down and compose firm and eloquent articles here.  The type that I would like to present to the world.    Yes, I take it as a personality flaw

Anyway, if any of those posters want to join in here, they can do it.  Some would have to up their game and clean it up.  Me included!

Code, I saw more collaboration in the beginning.  Minor differences of opinion led to a better understanding of what happened vs. the Tepco storyline.  Arguing with trolls and agents worked to inform and keep the place lively.  The signal was greater than the noise.  The format was unique and helped facilitate conversations.  Admin was active and fought the good fight with us, giving the anti-nukers a voice and a platform.  Tepco and pro-nukers fought back by giving us less information to work with when their deceptions failed.  The signal was weakened and the noise got louder.  The killer came when admin changed.  I mark that by when the ENENews webcam forum became dysfunctional.  The Fukushima disaster would be the end of nuclear energy unless dissenting voices were silenced.  The pro-nukers upped their game and they've taken away our platform.  You think you lost your audience but you haven't.  There is a thirst for truth that propaganda can't quench.  

Keep sharing those pixels of light.  Argue with me if it makes it easier, or vent, or explain it again.  I used to know everything but I've learned some things since then.  When I started here at CRL and saw all the weird user names, I thought Pia had a classroom of some 30 students that logged in every morning as part of an assignment.  They never commented; used to drive me crazy.  Those users were mostly spammers, I found out she was tweeting my posts in the morning and her followers were the only ones reading me.  I see about a hundred readers a day now but some feedback would help.  ENENewsers were always welcome to post here.  There's articles here to comment on and supplement with additional information.  It's a clean piece of paper, make good use of it.  You have edit privileges and can start a topic yourself.  Play nice and you'll be heard.  We need people on the left and the right and the ones in the middle, the old and the young, the holy rollers and the not quite so blessed working to end the nuclear folly and sequester nuclear materials if we are to keep our bodies healthier and our brains from shrinking any smaller than they are now.

Yes it is. Still a degraded mess, barely a resource or research tool any more. Webcam gone.
http://enenews.com/forum-fukushima-webca...april-2016
pulls up a blank page. No new article, far as I've checked they still have off-topic and general nuclear threads. Chat rooms to entertain us.