• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEBCAM February 2018
Post webcam observations for February here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Cameras nearby
TBS-JNN
Tomioka
Iwaki
Direct network stream  Futabagun  http://stm.futabagun.jp/510.swf

Time Lapse Archives
Fukushima Daiichi
sengoku1904
Fuku1long
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Photo 
Glad to find the February page link bottom of January. Thanks Horse. Hope you're feeling good and even better.
This big green elevator, or whatever, in front of webcam 4 is impressive enough for me to make a screenshot.
It is covering the full page of "paint". Progress! I know, it's lame but I'm not good at IT.
Well, anyway, I try to add the picture here but it's too heavy. Never mind.

2018 2 4   07:23:23 JST  motionless green (or is it blue) elevatorish thingy, big one.
A new one? Wonder when it appeared.  
Bird activity detected. It's Sunday. Rest well all.

Felibi, so glad to see you're still watching.  It's 02-05 at 08:04 and I'm watching cam4, hiding behind that green crane on cam4 it looks like they're lifting another arch segment up to r3.  I see men walking across the top of r3.  08:10 the arch segment is moving up along the edge of the vent tower.  The green crane looks to be blocking most of the view.  

So you have a picture grab in Paint.  Grabs are all .bmp files and they are way too heavy, do a Save as and select save as a Jpeg.  The jpeg should attach easily and we can then see if it is the size you want to show.  Paint has a 'resize' to expand or shrink the picture to fit the screen.  Just save as a jpeg to keep the weight down.  

08:20 the ring segment is dropping into place on r3.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

02-05 am  A ring segment was installed and I watched three workers on top of the rings checking things out.  One dropped halfway down the new ring, walked back and forth, then went back to the top.  The three exited at the east most ring.  The workers show as moving specks, hardly noticeable.  They were up there most of an hour.  In these pics of the new ring moving into place some workers are visible on the top of r3 watching the progress.  

Pics

9:00 to Noon crane tools working over r1 and r2 on cam1.

15:00  It clouded up and started snowing, visible on cam4.

Thanks for explaining so well and simply. I think I managed. Let's see this screenshot of the green crane I was talking about. Your detailed precisely delicate report is precious. Take good care. #watching #RememberDaiichi

Attached Files Image(s)

Way to go, Felibi. It looks like it needs to be reduced in size to fit. I would try doing a 75 percent resize. With the original in Paint, hit the resize button and put in 75 where it says 100 in the horizontal and the vertical boxes. Click okay. Save as jpeg. Post and see how that looks. Some percent reduction should make it fit nicely.

Horse! So I kept being Fuk. oriented, hence I find your reply. I gave it a try. Let's all keep trying, let's all keep watching.
Whatever your endeavours for Justice and Love, keep fighting. #Responsibility
Meanwhile, Fukushima Daiichi keeps brewing. So let's see!

Attached Files Image(s)

Felibi, I see in your grab by the URL it says 160%.  I'm guessing you have your browser set to expand 160% to see a bigger picture. You're taking a full screen grab and get some of your windows stuff  visible.  You should try to use the snipping tool in accessories and just grab the camera window.  If you haven't used the Snipping tool yet, give it a try, I'll help you with it.  If the camera view shows on your screen at 160% you should be able to grab just the camera feed part and save as a jpeg.  160% should fit here okay.

02-06  The green part of the crane was the focus of more work today.  It looked like workers were trying to untangle the single strand of cable and get it tensioned.  In the forefront of cam4 the workers are big enough to really identify.  Little specks moving off in the distance of r2 or r3 were small proof of worker sightings.  Even on the south end where the radiation is said to be less the workers are still fully suited, a reminder of how dangerous Daiichi still is.  

02-13  I've watched the work crew crawling over the green part of the crane both today and yesterday.  They seem to be removing some cable or hydraulic hose.  Counted five workers at one point.  Meanwhile on the other camera, the tool with the slanted rod hangs around over r1 all day.  

http://majiasblog.blogspot.com/2018/02/f...-more.html
Quote:The emissions look very high and I'm hoping that the uptick is simply reflecting an increase in humidity.

However, I'm suspicious that more is going on than changes in humidity levels when I review the correlation between these levels and plant conditions visible in the screenshots from the last couple of months.

If not air humidity, what might explain the increased emissions? Are there any other variables that correlate with increased emissions?

Majia noticing increased emissions.  I've noticed the same thing but I can't pinpoint a reason.  The weather actually looked to be clearing up this week.  I had noted an abundance of sparking on cam1 but last night I noticed cam4 seemed to be sparking more than usual.  I found a couple spark bursts on cam4.  

Started looking after sunset about quarter till 18:00

02-12 180546 c4 spark 1f.bmp
02-12 183704 c4 spark.bmp

Almost an hour and a half without a spark.  I may have missed some dim sparks.  

02-12 200634 c4 spark.bmp
02-12 200738 c4 spark.bmp
02-12 200749 c4 spark.bmp
02-12 201612 c4 spark.bmp

Another long gap without a spark.  

02-12 212310 c4 d.bmp
02-12 212313 c4 d end.bmp

I quit looking at 22:00.  One of the recorders needs maintenance; have to transfer files to free up disk space and I wanted to get something posted.  Well, that's the most sparking I've seen on cam4 in a while.  I don't know if something has started up on the south end or if the wind is just carrying more of the radiation at the north end to the south camera.  Haven't had time to make a cam1 count but I've noticed a steady blinking.  Along with Majia's observation of increased emissions, I'll add the increased sparking on cam4 indicates a radiation cloud spreading around the site.  The cameras are detecting it.  

add: One thing I forgot to mention, might be relevant, A few nights ago I noticed a bright light on the r4 extension building. Maybe that's a gas light to burn off emissions..

Felibi, bon jour.  While Paint lets you crop a full screen capture that you could use to get your captures to fit here, I have found the Snipping tool to be easier and faster to use.  
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outil_Capture
I couldn't find the Microsoft help link in French but here is the English.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...creenshots
Hope this gets you started.

(02-13-2018, 03:26 PM)Horse Wrote: Felibi, bon jour.  While Paint lets you crop a full screen capture that you could use to get your captures to fit here, I have found the Snipping tool to be easier and faster to use.  
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outil_Capture
I couldn't find the Microsoft help link in French but here is the English.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...creenshots
Hope this gets you started.

Thanks Horse. I'll try it. Promise! We'll keep watching for sure, as long as we live. We will! Take good care all. Be well Horse, and Majia and all.

02-14  Busy, busy this work week.  This was a moment when an r1 remote crane tool was visible on both cams.  A worker glanced up at it.  The timestamps on the pictures reflect the 40 second or so difference in the tepcams.  

The 2016 webcam observations are proving helpful in perhaps identifying the source of the Aug 2016 U-235 detected over Alaska's Aleutian Islands. CRL webcam observers spotted visible emissions and regular sparks in June and July of 2016. There's a discussion about the source and some folks are eager to rule out Fukushima. At this article, the comments take awhile to load, but, when the page finishes loading you'll find them at the bottom of the page.

Mysterious Radioactive Substance Reportedly Detected in Alaska
https://sputniknews.com/world/2018021510...shortening
Pia
just pm me if needed.

The monitoring station GammaScout Geiger counter, located here on the east coast of Australia, alarmed numerous times on the mornings of the 30th and the 31st December 2017.

[Image: Australian-Map.jpg]

These alarms were for short duration spikes in background, as wind from the Northern tropics reached this location.  These where very short duration events, less than 60 seconds, which suggest hot particles were passing through the monitoring Geiger counter environment. The last time we saw spikes like this was after Fukushima.

Why we can get detections so far south is because there is equatorial break through at the tropics. This short animation of Northern, and Southern Hemisphere air circulation, shows why we can get detections so far south.

If we are detecting hot particles here in the Southern Hemisphere that are Fukushima related then logic would suggest there are a lot more hot particles floating around in the Northern hemisphere. Obviously there is no way to know for certain the source of these particles. 

Background spike detected on the 31st December 2017. (Visual observation at the time saw the GammaScout Geiger counter spike at 0.725 uSv/hr.

[Image: Caloundra-24-hour-chart-311217.jpg]

Background spike detected on the 30th December 2017. (Visual observation at the time saw the GammaScout Geiger counter spike at 0.650 uSv/hr.)

[Image: Caloundra-24-hour-chart-301217.jpg]
CafeRadLab  Free Guides and Resources For Everyone Here!

Get Prepared For Earth Changes!

The purpose of life is to learn to express your personal energy Creatively and Lovingly!

(02-15-2018, 07:18 PM)piajensen Wrote: The 2016 webcam observations are proving helpful in perhaps identifying the source of the Aug 2016 U-235 detected over Alaska's Aleutian Islands. CRL webcam observers spotted visible emissions and regular sparks in June and July of 2016. There's a discussion about the source and some folks are eager to rule out Fukushima. At this article, the comments take awhile to load, but, when the page finishes loading you'll find them at the bottom of the page.

Mysterious Radioactive Substance Reportedly Detected in Alaska
https://sputniknews.com/world/2018021510...shortening

Thanks Pia, I had read that article on SOTT and missed the comments.  My take was the media must first deny Fuku is the problem, then ponder oh where, oh where did it come from.  The comments reflect the success of the news blackout of anything Fukushima.  What a surprise that radiation detections are still being found.  It's a surprise to me when I see sparks flying for no apparent reason at Fuku.  A sudden spark burst amidst increased emissions; was that one of the meltdowns or a spent fuel pool?  Many times we've documented emission events at Fuku and a month or two later some detector spikes somewhere.  

02-16 Cam4 The green crane moved a bit today and it was out of the way of the r4 extension but late in the afternoon it was moved back to block the view where I think a new bright light was added.

(02-15-2018, 09:30 PM)vital1 Wrote: If we are detecting hot particles here in the Southern Hemisphere that are Fukushima related then logic would suggest there are a lot more hot particles floating around in the Northern hemisphere. Obviously there is no way to know for certain the source of these particles. 
Hi Vital1, thanks for chiming in.  You just know there are more hot particles in the northern hemisphere.  The southern hemisphere was nuked with the bomb testing but most of the processing, bomb testing and the nuclear power plant accidents have all been up north.  It would be interesting to compare your site readings to a comparable site in the northern hemisphere, then we might gain insight into the burden that the atomic age has added to the troposphere.  Some background radiation is higher at some locations than others, equipment varies, a history of radiation readings is sparse.  Fallout comes down in patches.  Radioactivity surveys are limited in their scope.  No way to know for certain the source because there's so many known and unknown sources.  I just know there are more hot particles in the Northern Hemisphere and some of them are from Fukushima Daiichi.  

I keep noticing sparks blinking on cam1, Daiichi is burping out more gamma radiation.

Horse, I am of the opinion that they most likely came from the Northern hemisphere, because of the wind direction. The wind was coming off the Pacific Ocean at the time. There have been numerous scientific reports of highly radioactive hot particles being released from the Fukushima site. These particles have been detected long distances from the site.

If I was not at the location were the monitoring Geiger counter was located when they passed trough, I would not have been able to make visual observation of how high the spikes really were. Even thought the Geiger counter is set to log the background level here every 60 seconds.

Detecting any hot particles in your environment very upsetting!
CafeRadLab  Free Guides and Resources For Everyone Here!

Get Prepared For Earth Changes!

The purpose of life is to learn to express your personal energy Creatively and Lovingly!

It certainly wouldn't be the first time the winds from up north made their way into the southern hemisphere. I recall a few years back there was a significant shift in the streams and do believe vital1 captured that data then as well.

Horse, I wouldn't say the history of radiation readings is sparse - because there is significant data captured by CTBTO's global network.They just make it very difficult for people to get their hands on that data, and when 'approved' people do get the data, they are restricted in how they can use and publish it.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM December 2018 Horse 5 497 12-10-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: RogueRR
  WEBCAM November 2018 Horse 25 2,009 12-01-2018, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM October 2018 Horse 9 1,467 10-25-2018, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM September 2018 Horse 18 2,884 09-29-2018, 09:14 AM
Last Post: piajensen