• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Majia: ER post Earthquake?
There may be an emergency at Fukushima Daiichi majiasblog.blogspot.com.uy/2017/10/there-may-be-emergency-at-fukushima.html

Worth looking into... recent emissions observations?
Pia
just pm me if needed.

(10-02-2017, 09:15 AM)piajensen Wrote: There may be an emergency at Fukushima Daiichi majiasblog.blogspot.com.uy/2017/10/there-may-be-emergency-at-fukushima.html

Worth looking into... recent emissions observations?

Cam4 doesn't show any obvious emissions.  Cam1 shows a fogging on the right hand side of the view hanging over r2 and r3.  I think if there was any emissions caused by the EQ they would come from the CSFP.  I don't think the EQ shook things up as much as stronger quakes have because the CSFP emissions are not showing up on cam4.  The Futaba view shows a vapor cloud reflecting the site lights and early dawn light.  Less visual evidence to point to with no TBS-JNN view. Majia hasn't said more on the characteristics of a tritium cloud.  The amount or type of emissions can be rather subjective.  The sparks are still blinking regularly on cam1 and the amount I've noticed on cam4 tells me more radiation is on the south side too.  I found two bright cam4 sparks tonight.  I'm noticing the fogging Majia observes though we differ on the origin.  I agree with Majia that we see more emission evidence after earthquakes.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

I knew I could count on you to report on your observations. What she saw may have been related to the tank water level change https://twitter.com/Cecalli_Helper/statu...4900543489 // https://twitter.com/Cecalli_Helper/statu...8839261184 and temperature rise reported today https://twitter.com/Cecalli_Helper/statu...6374705152. All, or none of which, could have been related to the earthquake which I was thinking was far enough away as not to cause any damage. Though, can't really know without seeing seismic data for the site.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

The water level change/faulty sensors could be part of the pattern. Earthquakes and tremors shake everything up and could have opened a pathway for water to leak or drain somewhere else. I try to check the cams for most of the EQs, the worst one lately showed strong lateral movement, camera swaying back and forth, but not the violent up/down jerking that I think sloshes water out of SFPs. It's difficult to discuss emissions from any area with just the remaining camera views because from day one they exclude most of the CSFP area and we only see the fringes; more vapor reflecting light off to the side of the tepcams. The Futaba view shows a vapor cloud over the site and is probably the best evidence for an emissions event.

10-3 noon, the 'robot man' tool is going around r1 spraying into the rubble pile.

I haven't seen that tool spraying for months now, did it become necessary again? Unfortunately Tepco doesn't tell us what is going on and lies about most everything. Kudos to Majia's observations.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  28 Feb ´17 Earthquake PCJ2 1 1,270 02-28-2017, 11:26 AM
Last Post: PCJ2