• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • Welcome to the discussion on all things nuclear
  • This site is updated daily.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEBCAM October 2017
Post webcam observations for October here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Cameras nearby
TBS-JNN
Tomioka
Iwaki
Direct network stream  Futabagun  http://stm.futabagun.jp/510.swf

Time Lapse Archives
Fukushima Daiichi
sengoku1904
Fuku1long
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

10-02 The remote cranes were very busy this morning around r1 and r3.  Tepco moved the frame stuck in the middle on r3 to the west side behind the vent tower.  They could be getting another set of archs for a ring segment ready, watched a lot of small crane action behind the csfp.  Skies are grey and overcast at the start of the work week.  

"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Pia and I were discussing Majia's latest post There may be an emergency at Fukushima Daiichi at this CRL thread Majia: ER post Earthquake? linked here to include it in the Webcam thread.  

My contribution to the emissions questions is mostly that the south end is seeing more radiation because I'm finding sparks on cam4. Here's a half hour count of a burst I noticed on cam1 and cam4.  

10-02 213111 spark.bmp
10-02 213114 spark.bmp
10-02 213231 spark.bmp
10-02 213605 spark.bmp
10-02 214104 spark.bmp
10-02 214300 spark.bmp
10-02 214355 c4 spark.bmp
10-02 214502 c4 spark.bmp
10-02 214655 spark.bmp
10-02 215436 spark.bmp
10-02 220030 spark.bmp

9 sparks on cam1 and 2 sparks on cam4.  

Pics

The pictures are in time order.  The camera angles and different zooms make it difficult to say where exactly the fogging is coming from.  Cam4 sparks don't happen very often like the cam1 sparks do.  The more sparks I see, the more radiation is blowing around there.  The EQ may have stirred things up to create more emissions but I've seen worse.  Putting Nuclear Power Plants in earthquake zones makes no sense at all.  The emergency continues at Daiichi.

10-04 Looks like Tepco is assembling another ring segment.  As the first arch goes on I noticed a worker pacing back and forth at the top of the framework before the arch is mounted to the frame.  The last four pictures are just a second apart so you can see the workers movement to help identify the small dark dot as a worker.  

10-06 The other arch is mounted to the frame and a ring segment is formed. I didn’t grab as many pictures because most of the action was hidden by the vent tower.  

Pia saw this in your twitter, thanks.

http://geofon.gfz-potsdam.de/eqinfo/even...fz2017tonr
F-E Region: Off East Coast of Honshu, Japan
Time: 2017-10-06 07:59:32.5 UTC
Magnitude: 6.2 (Mw)
Epicenter: 144.05°E  37.45°N
Depth: 10 km

UTC +9 for 16:59 jst and I found some shaking.  The seismic wave took almost a minute to reach the plant.  Notice the birds taking wing before the shaking starts.  Here's a 3 minute video, 17:00 to 17:03.  

Awesome video, amazing that the shaking takes such a long time!

Birds flying about just before the cam starts shaking! TEPCO's report today included no abnormalities notices after the quake https://twitter.com/Cecalli_Helper/statu...4677695493. Keep watch on the reports over next week as things might pop.
Pia
Jitsi chat: enfo.pia@gmail.com

Comments from the first page of the latest ENENews post.
http://enenews.com/hidden-fukushima-nucl...xpected-th

Quote:stock
October 6, 2017 at 9:15 pm • Reply
Japan USGS Earthquakes

http://www.nukepro.net/2017/10/earthquak...y-not.html

Compare the maps, these earthquakes are targeting Fukushima. The 2011 monster EQ started with a bunch of earthquakes, a "Swarm" with the notable one being three 6's and a 7.

Quote:Horse
October 6, 2017 at 10:50 pm • Reply
Swarms of EQ's aimed at Fuku should be a warning to Japan that starting up two more nuke plants is not the right direction to go and slowing the 'decommissioning' of Dai-ichi risks worsening the global disaster of radiation contamination. Gambling in an earthquake zone, Japan has lost and is taking the rest of the world down with it.

Earthquakes just happen and prediction is just guess work.  The scary part is seeing more spark activity after 6+ earthquakes.  Don't forget Majia sees signs of emissions after large quakes.  I'm afraid anything over 7 could cause serious problems.  

Wanted to add this too, Code Shutdown makes a strong case for radiation damage to cellular communications causing more disruption than just accounting for damage to a cell or two.  

Quote:CodeShutdown
October 5, 2017 at 11:31 pm • Reply
I think its key to realize that just adding free radical de activators is not the be all and end all of why herbs and vit c and stuff can combat cancer from low level radiation. Gerson found that the cell voltage had to be high to combat cancer…but later research found that the intercellular communication that relies on the ion channels, the bioelectric fields has a primary role. Cancer isnt a single cell disease. Low level radiation is not a DNA double strand break problem for the most part. Added free radical load has an effect but what it is EXACTLY? It is the cascade of effects, resulting in a breakdown of intercellular communications which ultimately leads to a metasticized cancer.

The fact that chitin and other endogenous material have this ion exchange property that bioaccumulates radiation of high specific activity seems like a VERY good line of research.

You see, the high specific activity shouldnt come into play if the cesium is evenly distributed at the atomic level (not totally true, but for the point). One atom out of six million. But if the cesium accumulates into hot regions of fungi, or amino acid neurotransmitters, or parasites, then the inter-cellular communication system is disrupted. Kill the parasites, the fungi (not very easy!!), get the heavy metals out, fortify the body with its required nutrition and low level radiation will not have the cancerous effect

There's more but I'll summarize.

Quote:Horse
October 6, 2017 at 5:32 am
Thanks CS, K-40 is incorporated into cellular communication where CS-137 disrupts cellular communication; thus a 5000 to 1 toxicity of Cesium to Potassium. Additionally, micro-organisms are concentrating the amount of CS-137 we take internally to get close enough to disrupt cellular communications.

Thank you for transferring the comments over from ENE, Horse. I wish I understood more about the medical aspects of radiation at the cellular level. I'm always surprised when I see NRC Event Notification reports about medical "professionals" making mistakes with radiation doses.

What "gets me" most about that is that anyone would choose to have radiation injected into their body. Feels like medical research on a Frankenstein level.

Copying your post over to the Biological Impacts thread.
Pia

10-12 The third ring segment rolls into place.  This one was fun, I found a yellow butterfly putting a bright spot of color on tepco's attempts to cover the reactor 3 building.  

MVB at Allegedly Apparent looks at the recent detections in Europe

I think EURDEP is hiding Fuku fallout. I noted major spark activity the last half of August at Fuku.  It’s difficult to link Fuku fog and spark activity to anomalous EURDEP readings a month and a half later when the data provided is inconclusive.  The radiation detection networks that we rely on are inadequate for the job. Stations are frequently offline and calibrations too variable. They have not been able to track the Fukushima fallout or pinpoint any source when something is detected, at least in the data available to the public.

I wonder if the sparks and emissions we saw after the earthquakes will show more anomalous EURDEP readings towards the end of next month.  Just think, if nuclear war breaks out or another NPP melts down or a spent fuel pool burns up, RadNet and EURDEP will be useless to alert or inform us.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's data suppression going on. The CTBTO (https://www.ctbto.org/verification-regim...er-states/) has strict rules about access to and use of the data collected from their global partners. Probably the same with EURODEP.
Pia

10-14 The framework pulls out of the assembled rings.  There was a 20 minute pause in the middle like they might have a rough spot but they made it all the back to pick up the next set.  Raindrops on the lens, grey overcast day, the lighting was even worse later that day.    

10-15 Last couple nights on cam4 there's a new bright light.  

Counted a couple small spark bursts.  Both bursts were eight sparks in a half hour.  Mostly seeing long intervals between sparks in the few hours I watched.  

10-18 The first arch of the fourth ring segment is attached to the framework.  

10-18 ENENews has been down for at least 6 hours now. Tried going there last night, still not up this morning.

Message says "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress."

Looks like ENEnews is down for everyone, not just me.

Curious that they still have such issues.Not caring for the site well enough, like it's an after-thought,not a priority.
Pia

Still down this afternoon.  It's been awhile since ENENews' last outage.  ENE might need some maintenance too.  They've been limping along because of the Fuku news vacuum.  Few articles in the MSM to aggregate together.  Fuku isn't as sensational six and half years later.  The news blackout seems obvious when Tepco can't even brag about the new roof cover going up on reactor 3. Well, at least the roof cover assembly is giving this webcam forum some pictures to show.  Hope they didn't make those arches with Kobe steel.

(10-18-2017, 12:27 PM)piajensen Wrote: Curious that they still have such issues.Not caring for the site well enough, like it's an after-thought,not a priority.
Curious, to say the least. I must say that caferadlab has been a fine alternative for me. At least this web watching forum provided me with careful watch report. I came to know virtually horse among many other watchers there at enenews webcam forum. And I'll never forget nuckelchen's videos.
Actually I had three days being unable to see the webcams. I resumed watching a bit when they came back to me on saturday. Fuk. hardly leaves my mind and coming here is something I rely on.

Oh yes, new blinding lights. Dawn on Fuk. Still haven't figured out how to get the footage full page on screenshots. But well, still make some, will manage some day!
Don't you ever leave us alone Pia! Thanks so much. Love to you and your ulna. Take good care all

Oh and then...
#RememberDaiichi
Lights off for the foreground lights on the right building 06:11:02 JST                                                                On CSFP You see the….trusses(.!) of the left, see the lozanges that contain the two crosses, the center of the left one is lit, orange light(let’s call it Cµ*)                             There are also 3 small white lights left of the csfp’s flat roof, 1 bigger and yellow in the middle(‘ll call it ToP) and 4 small whitebluish lights on the right
06:30 JST small ones get dimmer and dimmer.                                                                    Meanwhile Cµ* has not disappeared but it is not yellow light anymore, there’s just a white horizontal rectangle left.      07:09 First noticed Foreward middle Crane at work while dangling extra slowly a little vertical rectangular thingy now down the foreground tower levelling cfsp’s “pathway” 07:14
Late here! I’d better go sleep. Bye all 07:50 JST this October 19th 2017 Small lights on the right out. ToP still visible. Cµ* Rectangle seems to be here to stay..           We’ll see, we’ll watch

Strange. First  07:49 blinking ToP
Now again but slowly like a lighthouse, dimming and shining. Can’t take my eyes off of it. Too bad to be true. Whatever. Night all, from France with care

Hi Felibi, Here's a picture of the lights you're describing at dawn.

Sizing the picture will depend on the size of the computer screen you are using.  The lcd monitors use a different resize than my laptop screen grabs.  It took me quite a bit of experimenting to get something that worked easy for me.  In a new reply or the full edit mode you can add attachments, insert into post and preview the post to see how they'll look.  I use MS Paint to resize the pics and save as a jpg.  Try different resizes and preview them till you find the right resize to use.  You can remove the picture attachments that don't fit.  You can put up to 4 jpg picture attachments in a post.  I use the Preview Post all the time to see how it will look before I post anything.  Don't be afraid to try it out here, nobody will see anything until you're ready and actually post the reply.  Try a practice post and I can see what you have and maybe help.   When we figure out what resize works best for you to use, posting pictures will be easy.

The ENENewsers must be a little frustrated by now, ENENews is still down and showing that WordPress error.  

I watched a PBS documentary last night about the troubles the EPA has with the Energy producers and Trump's new Director.  The sentiment was that industry can't afford to comply with EPA rules and will be removing inconvenient rules.  Majia's blog has news of EPA's takedown.  
Thursday, October 19, 2017
The SOCIOPATHS Have Won: EPA Changes Guidance on Radiation Protection

I noticed a double spark and scanned an hour for a spark report.  

10-20 005951 spark.bmp
10-20 010506 d 1f.bmp
10-20 010807 spark.bmp
10-20 010824 d.bmp
10-20 010827 d end.bmp
10-20 011121 spark.bmp
10-20 011850 spark.bmp
10-20 011859 d.bmp
10-20 011900 d end.bmp
10-20 012025 d.bmp
10-20 012027 d end.bmp
10-20 012726 spark pair.bmp
10-20 013226 spark.bmp
10-20 013951 d.bmp
10-20 013954 d end.bmp
10-20 014008 d.bmp
10-20 014010 d end.bmp
10-20 014649 d.bmp
10-20 014652 d end.bmp
10-20 014903 spark.bmp
10-20 015233 spark double.bmp
10-20 015307 spark.bmp
10-20 020152 spark.bmp
10-20 020338 spark.bmp

11 sparks and 7 distortions

10-20 015233 spark double

Its been raining pretty steady, day and night.  I see some raindrops stick to produce webs but they're getting washed off in the rain, then the screen just blurs.  

h/t SOTT
Reuters
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 04:38 UTC
Typhoon bears down on Japan, will hinder voting in national election
Quote:It will likely rain very heavily in the Nansei island chain (in southern Japan), in the Pacific side of western and eastern Japan from the 21st to 23rd. There is a chance it will rain violently in some regions," the agency said in a statement.
10-20 021638 webs

10-20 The second arch goes onto the fourth ring segment in heavy rain.  
10-20 075639 arch.bmp
10-20 075711 arch.bmp
10-20 082439 arch.bmp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM December 2017 Horse 9 206 Yesterday, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM November 2017 Horse 33 2,171 11-30-2017, 09:00 AM
  WEBCAM September 2017 Horse 26 1,999 09-29-2017, 11:50 PM
  WEBCAM August 2017 Horse 29 4,151 08-30-2017, 11:06 AM
  WEBCAM July 2017 Horse 32 4,276 07-31-2017, 12:30 AM