• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • Welcome to the discussion on all things nuclear
  • This site is updated daily.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TBS-JNN
Califnative, Interesting that the Ustream link has been off-air for so long.  Seems to have shutdown shortly after you found sparks and I started recording it.  
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tbs-live-camera

I tested the tbs-jnn link you found that says "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."  
http://news.tbs.co.jp/newsi_sp/Fukushima_Daiichi_NPP/

It does appear to be live.  Instead of playing the video and getting the 'not available' message I found I could just refresh the screen and if I just left it on it would refresh it every couple minutes.  I have taken grabs with the snipping tool and the picture changed at night.  We could put out a plea to native Japanese to monitor the cam but I don't think that would get us very far with translate problems.  I searched for another site that might be hosting the feed but got lost in the Japanese.  Wonder which countries are excluded or if it's only available in Japan?  Worried if we make too much of it they could turn off this channel too.  It occurs to me we could still use this channel to get screen grabs of tbs-jnn if we notice something happening on one of the other cams like the steam coming from csfp.  Even intermittent monitoring might catch something worth a grab.  Good sleuthing Califnative, it gives us a glimpse of TBS-JNN again and now we know Tepco doesn't want us to see what that camera could show us.  

"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Hey Horse - no problem. Can't remember how I cam across it, cruzin the Utube I think. It would be nice to view it again. TEPCO is really trying to deter our use of the webcams. Somehow my Goggle Settings blocked my Adobe Flash Player and I couldn't view Cam1/Cam4. I allowed it and it now works. Just a heads up to those who are having difficulties.

Glad the troubleshooting helped and you got Flash player enabled again.  It's not always easy to keep a windows computer working or get it to do what you want. The problems people and companies had with windows was my job security.  We can get your computer speeded up with a USB stick configured for a four gig ReadyBoost drive.  Cheapest way I know to add 4Gb of ram to an old computer.  We lost all the Linux 'won't use windows' and the VLC media player webcam watchers when they switched to flowplayer.  Left only windows webcam watchers but some of those don't want to bother with adobe flash player.  Some of the older computers can barely get the Tepco webpages streaming the webcams to load.  Leaves only a few still watching.  Seems that's not enough, they shut off camera feeds.  Remember they cut off cam4 deliberately for a work week some months ago.

Posted a comment to you at ENE
Good sleuthing Califnative, your link to a JNN news channel and the utube channel was all I could find. It gives us a glimpse of TBS-JNN again and now we know Tepco doesn't want the rest of us watching what that camera shows. The camera wasn't removed from service; it's just been censored. It must be a matter of national security now. After all the years online, why did they suddenly take it off-air to the American audience? This just proves they have something to hide.

Nice to see the Tepco approved pictures of the bright shiny new rooftop on r3. That should help shield workers from the radioactive debris of that exploded mess of a nuclear reactor hiding underneath.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

04-16 Cali, I just checked TBS at 22:30 jst, night, but jnn looks like the daytime picture.  Wonder if we just see a daytime and night picture?  The reason I checked was because the daytime picture wasn't changing with the afternoon light.   Let's check at various times and different lighting conditions to check it out.