• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • Welcome to the discussion on all things nuclear
  • This site is updated daily.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEBCAM April 2017
Post webcam observations for April here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Cameras nearby
TBS-JNN
Tomioka
Iwaki
Direct network stream  Futabagun  http://stm.futabagun.jp/510.swf

Time Lapse Archives
sengoku1904
Fuku1long
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

More fog spraying but with hanging equipment that was spraying around the outside spraying around the sides and inside around 12:30pm on 4-7-17. Watched it circle R1 and then noticed four men walking on R2 rooftop! Never seen that before.

Shocked 
(04-07-2017, 12:54 AM)califnative Wrote: More fog spraying but with hanging equipment that was spraying around the outside spraying around the sides and inside around 12:30pm on 4-7-17. Watched it circle R1 and then noticed four men walking on R2 rooftop! Never seen that before.

I have seen workers on top of R2, but only very briefly.

NOTE:  It looks like they are wearing the 'darker' looking, probably lead, suits.

Photo:
- Class 2 Full Body Rad Suit -

(screenshot credit califnative)
zoom -

Hey all, always great to read you. Not so great to be unable to watch cams #1 and #4.
Will drop by whan they have resumed.... for me.
Hope they're on for you all.

Photo 
Checked cams, they seem okay today.
Sometimes I have to hit 'reload' the page, but it works for me.

Seems like a lot of activity.  
Crane moving large doohickey*.

(04-11-2017, 09:05 PM)Chasaha Wrote: Checked cams, they seem okay today.
Sometimes I have to hit 'reload' the page, but it works for me.

Seems like a lot of activity.  
Crane moving large doohickey*.

Phew, they're back. Not reassuring but still, I'd rather have it that way.
Chasaha, you wouldn't believe how many times I tried refresh! Glad to see you here and great to signal people about the roofwalk on enenews.
People walking on #3 right now
Byeee Elibi

04-12  Hey all, Tepco added another piece to the r3 puzzle.  

Then ten minutes later; vapor coming from the csfp area.

"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Oh man....
Pia
Jitsi chat: enfo.pia@gmail.com

Pia, It looked like the csfp had steamed up again so I wasn’t too surprised to see another EQ in your retweets.  Uketukeman tweeted a reported 4.9 EQ on 04-09 07:20 jst at Fukushima and a report of more fractures on the north exhaust stack for units 1 and 2.  The EQ might explain the Fuku fogging and webs I saw on 4-11pm and the video of vapor coming from the csfp on 4-12am.  The 4-12 sunset had a lot of pink in it.  The EQ didn’t shake cam1 but it shook cam4 with hard jerks that I think might spill puddles out of the csfp.  

04-14 10:49 Another girder comes off of unit 1

That CSFP Steam-Up and Earthquake video is quite a catch Horse!

Don't know if anyone has seen TEPCO's library videos. You can see a close up of the work being done on R3 rooftop. 
http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/news/library/a...atid=69631
I captured a few pictures below:

Water in R1

Nice to see the Tepco approved pictures of the bright shiny new rooftop on r3. That should help shield workers from the radioactive debris of that exploded mess of a nuclear reactor hiding underneath.

Is that tongue in cheek, or do you think the new roof will have a significant impact (considering it isn't a full wrap).
Pia

I do think that all that metal will help shield workers in that environment.  Looked at the video to see if it even looked like Dai-ichi.  Don't know what all the various pieces are; plating, raised platforms, openings to the pool area. The exploded mess, covered over.  The tongue in cheek; is that my sarcasm showing; hidden and covered up, that's all Tepco has really accomplished and that's the cynic in me.  They called it a roof but I think it's more of a work platform that will be covered over soon with the arch that supports a fuel removal crane.  Let's see how long it takes to get the spent fuel assemblies out of r3 sfp.  Can't wait for Tepco to stuff them in the common pool.  But we won't see much when the covers go on the r3 framework they're building, maybe some unexplainable Fuku fogging.  I thought I lost my sense of humor when tepco declared all the fuel was removed from sfp4. I hope they get as much fuel out as they can. 

unincredulous at ENE posted a good video of the tritium water leaking out to sea, probably from unit 1.  At about 8:50 in it shows the camera sparking.  Good graphics and explanation of that problem.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQWwkds_e8

Photo 
This device reminds me of Bullwinkle the Moose.

Where does all that radioactive metal go? 

-> Probably sold to China where it's made into eating utensils like forks and spoons and sold to the U.S.A. and elsewhere.

The growing global threat of radioactive scrap metal.
http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world...rap-metal/
  • "Going shopping? Don’t forget your wallet and credit card. Or your Geiger counter."
  • "...shipments of contaminated goods, including cutlery, buckles and work tools such as hammers and screwdrivers..."
  • “The general public basically isn’t aware that they’re living in a radioactive world,” according to Ross Bartley
  • "India and China were the top sources of radioactive goods shipped to the U.S. through 2008, according to the Department of Homeland Security. Bartley, a metallurgist who has tracked radioactive contamination since the early 1990s, said there’s no evidence the situation has improved."
Angry   IMO - It's going to get much worse!

4-17 11:40 noticed men walking around on r3 again.  Here's a couple zooms so you can see the workers in white suits and the framework going up over r3.  

Caught cam4 when it was raining at Fuku this morning around 22:30pm, 4-17-17. There is new red light on R2 platform and the CSFP was stirred up. After an hour the atmosphere is so saturated with yellow dots up close.

Good catches, califnative.The yellow dots makes me think of yellowcake.
Pia

Photo 
Working before 8 o'clock in Japan. 
Moving large pieces into place over R3.

CSFP is definitely having problems. New flood lights surrounding the roof top were being tested on and off last night around 23:30pm. They eventually turned it off but I wonder if they have it set up for critical times because of the steaming and smoke lately.

Noticed this pinkish area showed up on around 1:50pm, R1. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM October 2017 Horse 20 1,241 Yesterday, 03:39 PM
Last Post: piajensen
  WEBCAM September 2017 Horse 26 1,687 09-29-2017, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM August 2017 Horse 29 2,986 08-30-2017, 11:06 AM
  WEBCAM July 2017 Horse 32 3,621 07-31-2017, 12:30 AM
  WEBCAM June 2017 Horse 23 3,803 06-30-2017, 01:33 PM