• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

WEBCAM April 2017
Post webcam observations for April here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Cameras nearby
TBS-JNN
Tomioka
Iwaki
Direct network stream  Futabagun  http://stm.futabagun.jp/510.swf

Time Lapse Archives
sengoku1904
Fuku1long
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

More fog spraying but with hanging equipment that was spraying around the outside spraying around the sides and inside around 12:30pm on 4-7-17. Watched it circle R1 and then noticed four men walking on R2 rooftop! Never seen that before.

Shocked 
(04-07-2017, 12:54 AM)califnative Wrote: More fog spraying but with hanging equipment that was spraying around the outside spraying around the sides and inside around 12:30pm on 4-7-17. Watched it circle R1 and then noticed four men walking on R2 rooftop! Never seen that before.

I have seen workers on top of R2, but only very briefly.

NOTE:  It looks like they are wearing the 'darker' looking, probably lead, suits.

Photo:
- Class 2 Full Body Rad Suit -

(screenshot credit califnative)
zoom -

Hey all, always great to read you. Not so great to be unable to watch cams #1 and #4.
Will drop by whan they have resumed.... for me.
Hope they're on for you all.

Photo 
Checked cams, they seem okay today.
Sometimes I have to hit 'reload' the page, but it works for me.

Seems like a lot of activity.  
Crane moving large doohickey*.

(04-11-2017, 09:05 PM)Chasaha Wrote: Checked cams, they seem okay today.
Sometimes I have to hit 'reload' the page, but it works for me.

Seems like a lot of activity.  
Crane moving large doohickey*.

Phew, they're back. Not reassuring but still, I'd rather have it that way.
Chasaha, you wouldn't believe how many times I tried refresh! Glad to see you here and great to signal people about the roofwalk on enenews.
People walking on #3 right now
Byeee Elibi

04-12  Hey all, Tepco added another piece to the r3 puzzle.  

Then ten minutes later; vapor coming from the csfp area.

"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Pia, It looked like the csfp had steamed up again so I wasn’t too surprised to see another EQ in your retweets.  Uketukeman tweeted a reported 4.9 EQ on 04-09 07:20 jst at Fukushima and a report of more fractures on the north exhaust stack for units 1 and 2.  The EQ might explain the Fuku fogging and webs I saw on 4-11pm and the video of vapor coming from the csfp on 4-12am.  The 4-12 sunset had a lot of pink in it.  The EQ didn’t shake cam1 but it shook cam4 with hard jerks that I think might spill puddles out of the csfp.  

04-14 10:49 Another girder comes off of unit 1

That CSFP Steam-Up and Earthquake video is quite a catch Horse!

Don't know if anyone has seen TEPCO's library videos. You can see a close up of the work being done on R3 rooftop. 
http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/news/library/a...atid=69631
I captured a few pictures below:

Water in R1

Nice to see the Tepco approved pictures of the bright shiny new rooftop on r3. That should help shield workers from the radioactive debris of that exploded mess of a nuclear reactor hiding underneath.

I do think that all that metal will help shield workers in that environment.  Looked at the video to see if it even looked like Dai-ichi.  Don't know what all the various pieces are; plating, raised platforms, openings to the pool area. The exploded mess, covered over.  The tongue in cheek; is that my sarcasm showing; hidden and covered up, that's all Tepco has really accomplished and that's the cynic in me.  They called it a roof but I think it's more of a work platform that will be covered over soon with the arch that supports a fuel removal crane.  Let's see how long it takes to get the spent fuel assemblies out of r3 sfp.  Can't wait for Tepco to stuff them in the common pool.  But we won't see much when the covers go on the r3 framework they're building, maybe some unexplainable Fuku fogging.  I thought I lost my sense of humor when tepco declared all the fuel was removed from sfp4. I hope they get as much fuel out as they can. 

unincredulous at ENE posted a good video of the tritium water leaking out to sea, probably from unit 1.  At about 8:50 in it shows the camera sparking.  Good graphics and explanation of that problem.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTQWwkds_e8

Photo 
This device reminds me of Bullwinkle the Moose.

Where does all that radioactive metal go? 

-> Probably sold to China where it's made into eating utensils like forks and spoons and sold to the U.S.A. and elsewhere.

The growing global threat of radioactive scrap metal.
http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world...rap-metal/
  • "Going shopping? Don’t forget your wallet and credit card. Or your Geiger counter."
  • "...shipments of contaminated goods, including cutlery, buckles and work tools such as hammers and screwdrivers..."
  • “The general public basically isn’t aware that they’re living in a radioactive world,” according to Ross Bartley
  • "India and China were the top sources of radioactive goods shipped to the U.S. through 2008, according to the Department of Homeland Security. Bartley, a metallurgist who has tracked radioactive contamination since the early 1990s, said there’s no evidence the situation has improved."
Angry   IMO - It's going to get much worse!

4-17 11:40 noticed men walking around on r3 again.  Here's a couple zooms so you can see the workers in white suits and the framework going up over r3.  

Caught cam4 when it was raining at Fuku this morning around 22:30pm, 4-17-17. There is new red light on R2 platform and the CSFP was stirred up. After an hour the atmosphere is so saturated with yellow dots up close.

Photo 
Working before 8 o'clock in Japan. 
Moving large pieces into place over R3.

CSFP is definitely having problems. New flood lights surrounding the roof top were being tested on and off last night around 23:30pm. They eventually turned it off but I wonder if they have it set up for critical times because of the steaming and smoke lately.

Noticed this pinkish area showed up on around 1:50pm, R1. 

Well I was curious what the Japanese blog had to say about the 4-12 smoke video, so I used google translate and looked around the site.  The translate isn't good but I get the gist; he's keeping an eye on tepco and doesn't like what he sees.  He reminds me too that so much of the radioactive contamination rained out and spread over a large area of Japan and we hear so little about the true magnitude of the health problems the Japanese are facing because of media censorship on both sides of the pond.  

Quote:Admit of no Grandpa's Flash memory. Also to try climbing up the tree and poured ice water on record.
Skip burning shed into the sea and F1 everything is crowded with history on the first big accident
I saw seems to erupt the afternoon 4/12/2017 in broad daylight, F1 campus live cam no. 4 receiver black smoke. Following is a screen shot from the VIMEO 04-12 1430 smoke.

Some years ago the black clouds had blown, but say diesel engine startup smoke at that time. We also start diesel engine?
In such a high position?
4/12/2017 because from now on is just a week ago. Plant accident round 6 years passed, contaminated water from ground spill, plant steam also up thick, jet black smoke during. Magic Tower hidden in the sky.
Collins billionaires plateau junction Highway 6 vehicles, construction vehicles, special-purpose vehicles. Such a situation continued 6 years, hustle and bustle does not show signs of slowing down.
In a world like this accident? World's first history from the scene of the catastrophe of the first proximity to our lives.
Squirt poison not secured yet.
Many people are keen on Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident and its impact abroad. More events listed in this article are original record F1 live video in foreign countries and is due to the results of a Visual check.
Would you still wearing that record in Japan. Fast forward video after a 24-hour period, you can if you have a single computer, can I check it
How to use simple measuring instrument having feel less so. Long-awaited us data and models of beta Ray shielding, indoor or outdoor, or if whether the incineration facilities located near the ground, time, weather, is added, it data is almost worthless.
To order the Japanese will perish, die. Have seen so that people know of health damage from radiation, focuses on the situation of the Japan overseas is not it.  

Dear readers outside Japan / Estimados lectores de este blog

The writer of this blog (myself) is a Japanese man with a varied professional experience who will turn 70 in a few years: I have worked in a large organization in Japan, have also worked abroad, have gone through redundancy, and worked in a part-time job at close to the minimum wage.

Now that I don’t work any more and that I’m in a fortunate enough situation where I don’t have to shiver from cold or starve, I thought I would use my spare time and experience for something useful for society and started a blog in 2005.

It has been a while since Japanese society stopped caring for the socially weak. The nuclear crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi Power Plant has marked the final confirmation of this. We have been deprived of our humble pleasure of eating. Staying healthy has become a struggle. In other words, our right to health or even the right to life are being threatened. Threatened by the government and by some major firms. This angers me and my days are spent trying to fight against this situation so as to help this country go in a better direction.

It would be a great pleasure if I could share my concerns with you and that in doing so I were able to help this world, even if it is only in a small way.

Thank you for reading.

N.B. The graphs and tables in this blog are based on statistics of population dynamics, measurements of radiation in soil and food, and data from monitoring posts, all of which are provided by the government and municipalities. If judged as reliable, information gathered from tweets and blogs is also used for analysis.

Zukunashi no Hiyamizu's Blog   Index of articles in English

1. Index of articles in English

Nuclear power won't last (Prof. Hiroaki Koide)
Original Text from :http://actio.gr.jp/2012/03/27113651.html

Is Fukushima Really 'Under Control?'
Original Text from :http://www.rafjp.org/koidejournal/no70/, http://www.rafjp.org/koidejournal/no72/

There's nothing we can do.
Original Text from :http://www.rafjp.org/koidejournal/no113/  

Things You Should Know about Fukushima
The gods of death are lining up
Air dose rate of Tokyo measured by citizens
“No way! I can't believe you saw radioactivity!”  Sky around Tokyo appeared covered by smog at noon in Mar 15, 2011.
Fieldwork 1
Fieldwork 2
Fieldwork 4
Fieldwork 4 Additional Thoughts 
Fieldwork 7 or 1.15μSv/h in a Vegetable Field near Tokyo
Fieldwork 10 or Appearance of Rashes at a Hot Spot 
From the US Soil Survey: Depleted Uranium and Uranium 238
The US’s Severe Assessment of Radiation Contamination in Japan
They say that the soil in Japan has a lot of uranium in the first place…Was I wrong? My final attempt

Zukunashi's Question-and-Answer Session 1  I found 0.23μSv/h at home. I am anxious to avoid internal radiation exposure
Zukunashi's Question-and-Answer Session 2  I am confused than ever where I have to flee to
Zukunashi's Question-and-Answer Session 3 Live-in old parents are reluctant to emigrate from here, polluted area 
ZUKUNASHI’S QUESTION-AND-ANSWER SESSION 4 In Belarus mother did her best enough to be called mad for children's health

Discussion about “search words”
Construction workers face health deterioration
Why many of decontamination volunteers died
“My leg is cramping up!” Some of paralysis and seizures are caused by cranial nerve disorder…?

People living overseas damage their health after brief stay in Japan
Radiation Dose Estimates according to the US Department of Defense
Foreign visitors in Japan, let's work together to avoid internal exposure!
Foreign visitors in Japan, Please avoid contaminated food! 
Health problems may rise in the whole North hemisphere 
Internal exposure avoidance is not difficult and brings a remarkable effect to your health

In Support of Young Mothers 
Please Mr IA Try Not to Lose Your Temper

Experience of a mother who moved from Fukushima to Niigata in January 2013

There’s a monster walking round with a machine taped to the end of his stick He knows the tragic destiny of the Japanese

Vital Demographic Statistics of Japan The Trends of the 48 months after the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Accident

5/28/2015 Ordinary Scene of Japan 

7/9/2015 The Panoramic View on Radiation Problems

8/25/2015 Fukushima Foods for Tokyo Olympics Athletes – Endo Olympics Minister says
Original Source: Fukushima Foods for Tokyo Olympics Athletes – Endo Olympics Minister Expressed His Willingness

1/21/2016 This is Daily Life in Japan These Days

1/22/2016 News from the front. Radiation sickness no.18: Falling down the Stairs

1/23/2016 This is Japan now: The Japanese don’t fear death; the Japanese stay calm until they die themselves

2/11/2016 News from the front. Radiation sickness no. 15: Lethargy, hypersomnia, narcolepsy, somnolence, losing consciousness 

2/12/2016 News from the front. Radiation sickness no.23: Fainting, rolling eyes, convulsions 

7/11/2016 The dead bodies in the exclusion zone of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Accident and their treatment New!

Transition of Birth and Death Rates after Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Accident

2. Recommended articles
The below link will direct you to a third-party site. External site opens in a new window.

Was I Exposed to Radiation From Fukushima? 
Is a Study Abroad Program in Japan Safe?
Pump and pray: Tepco might have to pour water on Fukushima wreckage forever  

Thanks for re-tweeting, Pia, it's a great pleasure to help him share his concerns.  His rant comes thru even if translate missed a few idioms.  I'd say he's a good ol' webcam watcher; would be great to get him on board.

04-21 22:30 Watching fog roll in and out of the cam views.  On cam 4 the fog looks like it comes from the csfp side like Califnative described a few days ago, but no rain visible on either camera.  22:50 cam4 looks a lot like vapor streaming out; not a uniform fog bank blotting the view.  22:57 c1 spark.  Cam 1 is fogging up fast but cam4 shows the fog inland on the csfp side and clear on the ocean side. Cam1 just had another spark and I've got other work to do.  Keep an eye out, maybe it's only weather.

Thought I'd add some pictures.  I found some sparks in that fogging, the first is a nice pair.  I was looking for the start of the fogging and it looks like the fog starts inland.  

04-21 212309 spark pair
04-21 212609 spark
04-21 213152 spark

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM April 2019 Horse 16 7,391 04-30-2019, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Felibi
  WEBCAM April 2018 Horse 14 21,570 04-30-2018, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM December 2017 Horse 11 15,409 01-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Felibi
  WEBCAM November 2017 Horse 28 42,935 11-30-2017, 09:00 AM
  WEBCAM October 2017 Horse 23 39,251 10-30-2017, 06:17 AM