• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

2011 Fukushima Classics made by nuckelchen
hi everybody around here.

I've got done a playlist of some videos that i had made in 2011:

fukushima classics 2011

lets starting with the first camera at all:

june 2011 in one shoot:

first there was a red light at nighttimes-shown only for one time and that verry quickly.
then a couple hours later tepco moved the angle of the camera...

Nuckelchen, thanks for posting links to your collection, vielen Danke.  The early events show much we can learn from.  It may seem quieter after four years but the plant still steams and sparks.  The new video feeds show even less, file sizes on recordings almost half what they were.  

Picked one to watch, amazing to see the way the emissions build up over the plant, flashes, many sparks even in time lapse, light suddenly flaring up to light the buildings and emissions.  Areas of the plant that tepco doesn't want us to see anymore.  

2011 07 04 FUKUSHIMA LIVESTREAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Dpwply...S&index=10
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Nuck, your third video above demonstrates how tepco keeps hiding things we might want to know about. They don't show us any of that area anymore in either view. Still see events just off screen that look like they might be coming from that area. Excellent work.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Hi Nuckelchen - nice to see you  Smile Glad your posting here too, your historical vids are indeed Classics. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into them.

Califnative

Horse, from your July 2011 video, on top of all the sparks, flashes, exposed fires there is a strange spot light that appears out of nowhere at the 33 mark, first hits the lamp post and seems to shine down on the bushes. Looks like it's coming from the sky.

Pia, it could be an overhead light, good comment, didn't think of that 'cause it was so quick and bright and I didn't think a helicopter would be flying that close to the radioactive smoking wreckage.  Would equipment lights be the only thing flashing so brightly?  Was mostly interested in where the smoke and lights were coming from.  Why is it so bright in that one area pointed out with the double arrows?  What would be smoking there?  Another clip has even brighter light there that I want to post next time I find it.  I got sidetracked looking for sparks.  I grabbed a shot of that light too, Cali.  I didn't know right off what it was and I wonder if it might be the flash of nuclear fire or a zirc flareup.  That recent nuke fire in Nevada flashed bright white light and the smoke was white too.