• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dai-ichi emergencies and responses
Horse Wrote:http://caferadlab.com/thread-1575.html
(12-06-2016, 01:41 PM)piajensen Wrote: Continuous flickering.... some new or different stage of re-criticality?
piajensen Wrote:your most recent webcam post - do you mean morning of the 7th? re: "12-07 What a quiet night, hardly any sparking.  The strong surface winds yesterday afternoon shaking cam4 might have carried some of the recent emissions..."

Talking jst, had to get up early; the tepco time had just changed from 06 to 07 00:00 morning of the 7th.  Sorry, probably wasn't awake enough. Saw your post, noticeable criticality accidents were last week when the steam/fog/sparks were visible.  Sustaining criticality requires certain requirements, enough neutrons being produced to continue hitting other atoms.  The pools probably lost more than a little puddle.  The 311 EQ spilled 1.2 meters of water, the last quake at half that strength probably tossed a half meter of water out, not a small puddle.  I don't want to shout criticality because I'm not a nuclear physicist and can't defend it just from tepco info.  I used to work at printed circuit board manufacture.  A line of huge tanks each requiring a certain chemistry that changed in the process of etching or plating the boards.  Its easy for me to imagine how difficult maintaining the chemistry of the spent fuel pools would be.  Lose too much boron and get more neutrons.  Stirring up bottom sediment might change chemistry in just part of the pool.  Was glad Chas made the observation posts, then I knew nothing had happened while I wasn’t looking.  Really miss the chatter at ENE that told me when people were watching and what was going on.  I run out of things to say when not much is happening.  
\
piajensen Wrote:I appreciate your sense of caution and your patience. I think I have no patience left and am reacting rather than responding. I find it awkward that no one has yet delved into analyzing criticality potential and presenting a balanced study on the events having been witnessed at Fukushima, considering all the fires, steamy emissions, sparks, spikes in radiation detection...etc..

As one of your twitter posters said, Tepco is hiding sh*t.  It's their job now to keep the situation under wraps for the sake of the industry/military and national interests.  Wouldn't want another NPP to have an 'accident'.  There is ongoing criticality accidents but not ongoing criticality.  A semantic as well as a real difference.  Tepco's numbers never jibbed with reality.  In the beginning we were told xyz releases, later revised upwards after everyone had used the first numbers in widespread pubs.  Perception management and the crime against humanity with footnotes.  'Someones' are managing the news, people won't stay in a panic very long. They can't stop the leaks so they stop the presses.

cancer - lifestyle choices
oceans dying - global warming, new illness
sfps steam up - natural fogging
thunderstorm asthma - pollen in winter

We're fighting the good fight, putting out the word that Dai-ichi looks different than what tepco says and radioactive isotopes are bad for your health.  The lies are so big and the truth is so horrible.  Your little blog here is being read by those someones just as ENEnews was, proof is in the tepco responses.  I said the pools lost coolant and are steaming; tepco responds its just a puddle, cooling is restored.  CRL is having an impact even if we don't think it's enough.  

I'd be glad to post this conversation on the forum if you think it would help.  I think it's a good conversation to have.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

piajensen Wrote:I find it awkward that no one has yet delved into analyzing criticality potential and presenting a balanced study on the events having been witnessed at Fukushima, considering all the fires, steamy emissions, sparks, spikes in radiation detection...etc..

h/t
Quote:Jebus
December 6, 2016 at 7:15 pm
Fukushima Daiichi Decay Heat & Corium Status Report
Publish date: December 6, 2016

http://www.fukuleaks.org/web/?p=15937

Fukushima Daiichi Decay Heat & Corium Status Report

http://www.fukuleaks.org/web/?page_id=15924

Good as we get analysis of 'where's the corium?' from SimplyInfo.  Excellent research and they can't get anything out of Tepco either.  Where's a study on earthquake effects on corium or spent fuel pools?  A lack of data makes it difficult to criticize Tepco's responses to the ongoing emergencies.  We should be able to trust data and information released to the public but so little is released any verification is impossible.  It should be noted too the western world's different responses to the Chernoybl disaster and the Fukushima disaster.  Chernobyl contamination had to be contained at all cost; yet Fukushima is allowed to leak 'harmless' radiation without explanation.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

It is quite inexplicable how no agency, global leader, or scientific body has ventured to put Fukushima into it's proper perspective.

Everybody howled over the BP Gulf oil disaster and their corexit non-solution which compounded the toxic nature of the situation. Fukushima is on the far end of the spectrum compared to that, yet, the impacts of Fukushima on the ocean, the food chain, and human health will be far worse than what we saw happen to the Gulf and the surrounding community. 

It is truly alarming to watch TEPCO fiddle about while the IAEA pats them on the back and no authority grabs the bull by the horns. 

It is my hope, hopelessly, that somebody gets their courage back and they tackle this nuclear monster. Otherwise - we are all doomed. Fukushima will be pegged as the last straw and only a few of us realize this fully.

Thank you so much for the Simply Info lead.
Pia
just pm me if needed.