• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WEBCAM November 2016
Post webcam observations for November here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Cameras nearby
TBS-JNN
Tomioka
Iwaki
Direct network stream  Futabagun  http://stm.futabagun.jp/510.swf

Time Lapse Archives
sengoku1904
Fuku1long
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

11-01 am R1 panel removal.  The north panel on the seaside of r1 was removed.  

11-01 062041 panel removal
11-01 062109 panel removal
11-01 062141 panel removal

"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

And radiation readings across USA remain elevated. Ever since they began taking apart Unit 1. It's criminal. netc.com at appx 10:13 and 10:30 am UY time (09:13/09:30 ET)

Pia
just pm me if needed.

Pia, I've seen a lot of sparking, too much to count. Counted six sparks in just 5 minutes before dawn, but I had to quit counting to get to the panel removal part. The fallout blows thru Denver with the Jetstream but it settles out at lower altitude and the rads just keep coming.

I was thinking that if you do more of your Spark Art you might want to post it in the "Just for Fun" thread.  Big Grin 

Thanks for your ongoing observations. Anything interesting going on with watchers at enenews lately? That site's been so quiet I forget to visit.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

The spark art turned out looking pretty cool, will probably get to doing more.  The ENEnews forum continues to look sad.  It probably has a new admin.  I saw posts saying it had been sold to a new owner.  I had high hopes when I saw the site upgrade and the return of the webcam forum but progress seems slow.  No new aggregated news articles have been posted in awhile, like maybe prepared articles from the old admin were doled out in the last few months.  It's still online as an archive so it might yet come back to life.  I think I get more views here than I'm getting over there.

Ahhh, that might be the case, would certainly explain the changes. Was told the original owner was an attorney and it made sense to me that posts were infrequent, but fairly regular. Maybe the new owner is taking time to understand the system and scope of information, that'd be good, then they could come out strong. There are few sources publishing Fukushima related news, so that might be an issue, too. 

Some ideas they could latch onto for new posts (assuming they have good intent):

1. Analyzing & reporting on TEPCO reports
  2. Cataloging research by Tim Mousseau, Lucas Hixson, and other honest researchers
  3. Providing links to some of the sources I regularly tweet: Majia, Mining Awareness, Paul Langley, Peter Daley
  4. Finding allies in Japan to help gather medical data, esp. re: pregnant women/baby status
  5. Could dedicate a whole section to Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan's Fukushima related videos
  6. Dredging up historic documentation of the nuclear relationship between the US and JP (FOIAs likely needed)
When the new Podesta /Clinton email notices come out I typically search for: Fukushima, TEPCO, nuclear, radiation, thyroid, and energy (among some other unrelated keywords). Only energy results in significant findings. Not finding anything on Fukushima, with the exception of Glen Fukushima whose been inserting himself into the Clinton campaign with fundraising and hobnobbing in JP. I wonder if there's no references because of the classified designation the US gave Fukushima, or, if those emails got scrubbed. Must be more about Hillary's JP food import activities.

I've noticed that there's regularly around 12-25 people hanging out in Cafe Rad Lab. That's great.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

11-03 10:50 till 11:30 on cam1 shows a crane tool spraying the exposed metal beams of reactor1.  The spraying would show in the sengoku1904 archive but I notice no new uploads since the end of October.  Three days with no TL archive.  No fresh aggregated news articles at ENEnews.  Gradually, Fukushima has been disappearing in the media and on the internet.  What I thought to be a world changing event has been diminished to an x-ray; a banana; or an Olympic venue.  Just watching the so called decommissioning could make you sick at the slow progress being made to stop the flow of contamination.  Ignore it if you can't fix it even as the oceans die and human health suffers.  Cam1 still shows steam rising and sparks flying all night long.  The spraying is probably washing the structure down for dust suppression.  

11-03 112317 spraying r1
11-03 112442 spraying r1
11-03 112536 spraying r1
11-03 113224 spraying tool

What I see in these shots of the spraying feels to me to be quite superficial. Like another ice wall type application. Not going to be very effective regarding the intent.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Photo 
Probably not cockroaches.  Wink

sprayer zoom...

Looks like a Robot I once owned. 
(Note: Made in Japan, even has the crane hook on his head.)

On a serious note:
The continuing global catastrophic destruction of DNA and the insidious ways in which the radioactive contamination will spread worldwide are horrendous.  From stolen jewelry and other items in the no-go zone that get resold, to the 'hot' fish that get consumed or the fish parts that get mixed into fertilizer.    From the gazillion bags of topsoil that have no place to go, to the daily accumulation that moves with the wind and water is unimaginable.   

"A major Nuclear accident occurs on average every 7 years..."
- Arnie Gundersen

yeppers, it's been obvious that entering the no-go zone wouldn't be too difficult and deserted belongings are serious attractions for those with no care.... stealing hot radioactive items to sell on the blackmarket is a serious issue that I haven't seen any news on. Bet JGov doesn't give a darn. Buyers beware.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Information 
(11-03-2016, 01:54 PM)piajensen Wrote: yeppers, it's been obvious that entering the no-go zone wouldn't be too difficult and deserted belongings are serious attractions for those with no care.... stealing hot radioactive items to sell on the blackmarket is a serious issue that I haven't seen any news on. Bet JGov doesn't give a darn. Buyers beware.

I noticed this article the other day.  Some good personal insights.  What a nightmare.  

"On one trip, I entered a garment store where some of the forms lay cast down. The rest were still standing, eerie silhouettes of headless, legless, armless women; a vacuum cleaner had fallen over on its side...."

"In the city center, the streetlights glowed even in the middle of the day, probably to deter theft, of which there was, apparently, a great deal. Over the whole of Tomioka rang an amplified recorded voice, evidently a young woman’s, but distorted and metallic. She reminded the workers not to spread radioactivity; they should dispose of their protective gear at the screening place on their way home. She said, “If you incinerate something or use incense, be careful not to start a fire,” and she warned the former inhabitants, crackling, “For temporary housing people, make sure to kill the breaker before you leave, and lock the door to prevent thieves.”
- Harper's Mag Article  March 2015  (page 8)

Invisible and Insidious
Living at the edge of Fukushima’s nuclear disaster
By William T. Vollmann
Living at the edge of Fukushima’s nuclear disaster
http://harpers.org/archive/2015/03/invis...sidious/1/

IMO - It's no longer just selling stolen property, it's a murderous crime against humanity. Angry 

It's funny how at 3:45 in on this video it's says almost the same words as above with a couple of things left out.  The village they're in is Tomioka.

When tidbits get left out it can make a big difference.

I did read that article, thanks for the reminder (one news story with black market mention in 2015). And, I agree: "Chasaha: IMO - It's no longer just selling stolen property, it's a murderous crime against humanity"
Pia
just pm me if needed.

Get your rad hot souvenir from Fukushima before the Olympic games start, the price keeps going up.

11-04 06:14   The south panel on the east face of unit1 was lifted away. I grabbed a clip from a flyby video to show the rubble pile on the inside of unit1.  

Pics
11-04 061432 panel removal
11-04 061444 panel removal
11-04 061500 panel removal
R1 rubble pile - deleted

(11-03-2016, 05:53 PM)Horse Wrote: Get your rad hot souvenir from Fukushima before the Olympic games start, the price keeps going up.

Read that the Gold for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics was big made from electronics parts. Wonder where that waste came from. Rad medals for olympians?
Pia
just pm me if needed.

In twitter, Fredi teres asks:
"Where is Fukushima spent fuel pool in Reactor 1? I can't see it in the pic."
And, I should have asked earlier, the source of the flyby that you got that screenshot from is where?
Pia
just pm me if needed.

In twitter, Fredi teres asks:
And, I should have asked earlier, the source of the flyby that you got that screenshot from is where?
Pia
just pm me if needed.

(11-04-2016, 12:42 PM)piajensen Wrote: In twitter, Fredi teres asks:

Was afraid you'd ask, but I don't remember what video the grab came from, date stamp on that grab was 10-5-2015.  I think the watermark on the picture is gettyimages. I was looking for fancy spark pics, going thru archived files from my previous laptop when I found it.  The flyby video, probably summer or fall of 2015,  was shot in the morning; the sunlit portion would be the north side of r1.  Don't know where the sfp is, would look on cryptome or enformable for a diagram of that reactor.  The grab didn't really show that much except the roof and debris that fell inside covering everything.  I've tried to get better at documenting sources but I've grabbed pics for myself that I didn't know I would later want to post.  With the r1 grab was an older grab of a flyover of r3 mostly cleared of debris that I never got around to posting.  If posting some of these unsourced grabs violates some copyright law I'll remove them from the post.

Fredi Teres tweets link to FD’s post: Tepco released photos of Reactor 1 / Fuel handling machine barely hung just above SFP
http://fukushima-diary.com/2014/12/tepco...above-sfp/
Thanks Fredi; that was the other photo I was going to have to go looking for, wondering what’s left inside of r1.   The spent fuel pools seem to be the biggest problem; one of those collapses or just gets some big chunk of debris dropped in and burns could create a fuel melt larger than the one hiding under the reactor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM November 2017 Horse 33 16,619 11-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM December 2016 Horse 55 41,332 01-01-2017, 09:31 AM
  WEBCAM October 2016 Horse 52 50,239 10-27-2016, 07:41 PM
  WEBCAM September 2016 Horse 62 53,394 10-02-2016, 01:00 AM
  WEBCAM August 2016 Horse 44 39,550 09-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Last Post: piajensen