• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rad Data Up: netc.com
I haven't been to netc.com in a long time. One of my twitter followers sent me a tweet noting they were having an issue with the site, so, I checked it out. It seems to work for me in Firefox. The readings are up across the country. 

Pia
just pm me if needed.

Majia posted a link to a recent netc animation  https://netc.com/anim-map.htm
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

(09-21-2016, 05:53 AM)Horse Wrote: Majia posted a link to a recent netc animation  https://netc.com/anim-map.htm

I saw that. I don't understand the data threshold used to initiate the "alert" symbols. But, it is interesting to see the change over time. Mornings are worst. I assume because the barometric ot atmospheric pressure changes as night shifts to day. Always coldest right before the sunrise, related?.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

(09-21-2016, 06:03 AM)piajensen Wrote: I saw that. I don't understand the data threshold used to initiate the "alert" symbols. But, it is interesting to see the change over time. Mornings are worst. I assume because the barometric ot atmospheric pressure changes as night shifts to day. Always coldest right before the sunrise, related?.
I thought it had more to do with the Jetstream and rainouts causing increased readings above average levels enough to produce alerts. Daytime has more cosmic energy and should produce higher averages than nighttime.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

(09-21-2016, 06:15 AM)Horse Wrote: I thought it had more to do with the Jetstream and rainouts causing increased readings above average levels enough to produce alerts.  Daytime has more cosmic energy and should produce higher averages than nighttime.

Multiple variables involved. When I was paying close attention to netc I thought I saw a pattern during the heavy rad periods, the mornings evidenced more changes in upward trends, which is why I was thinking about the physical changes that occur before, during and after sunrise.

It'd be nice if there were some chart associated with the animation to explain whatevr criteria they use to initiate the alerts.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

It's really bad right now, appx. 12:30 ET 21 Sept.

Pia
just pm me if needed.

I have found in my radnet research that beta is highest in the early morning, peaking around sunrise and then backing off and hitting lows at sunset.
My initial feeling was that it was caused by the clouds lowering down at night and then being lifted back up in the morning.

(10-23-2016, 10:38 AM)matt Wrote: I have found in my radnet research that beta is highest in the early morning, peaking around sunrise and then backing off and hitting lows at sunset.
My initial feeling was that it was caused by the clouds lowering down at night and then being lifted back up in the morning.

I thought so also, but it is not a constant pattern. There are days when midday has high rad readings. There are many variables.
Pia
just pm me if needed.

(10-23-2016, 10:38 AM)matt Wrote: I have found in my radnet research that beta is highest in the early morning, peaking around sunrise and then backing off and hitting lows at sunset.

I thought so also, but it is not a constant pattern. There are days when midday has high rad readings. There are many variables.
Pia
just pm me if needed.