• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

WEBCAM September 2020
Post webcam observations for September here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Time Lapse Archives
Fukushima Daiichi
sengoku1904
Fuku1long

Environmental Archives
Archive of ENENews

Another way for anyone to contact me, Café Rad Lab administration, email:    CafeRadLabHorse@gmail.com
or Twitter @CafeRadLabHorse
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Yes let's watch. Midnight Fuk. All is JST 
Ô my! I'd not seen that Tepco webam #4 had gone up so much. Not by itself?!!!
When did that happen?

I wonder what's going on at the bottom of the common spent fuel pool.
Fuk. workers we think of you all. You are our eyes and minds there.
Best sight and brightness.
Same to you all.
I should launch a # sth like #LetuswatchFUK or #WATCHFUK I'm still oscillating! Duh 

So many thanks to you Horse. HugsH

Hi Felibi, glad to see you visit, I was getting lonely in here.  Fuku workers deserve credit for all they've done to cleanup and cover those leaky reactor pits.  They've done a good job,, no big smoke events like we used to see and far less sparking on the cams.  Working in those hazmat suits in summer heat must be hell.  Just wearing a mask for Covid  has been stifling for me.  Tepco adjusted cam4 months ago when they started cutting down the vent tower.  They probably tightened it down too 'cause it doesn't sway in the wind as much.  The lights at the bottom of the CSFP showed up about a month ago.  I think they might be pulling spent fuel assemblies from Unit 3 to store in the common pool.  It may look better in the cams now but the deadly radioactive material is still there, still a threat to life.  

Hugs to you too Felibi.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Hi Folks, been a long time (a year) since I posted here and watched the Fuku webcam. I happen to see the white flares around 600am on 9-14-20. The light would jump along the black line on the white rectangle building below unit 1. Could be some welding? Anyway, I'll try and watch the webcams when I can. Horse your sparks and lightening strikes are amazing as usual.  Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Cali, great to see you again.  I'll have to check the recordings later, that date is on an offline disk right now.  All the reactors have been getting new small, attached buildings.  Reactor 1 looks like it has one sticking out the south side and the one at the bottom of the screen where your light is.  

I just happened to catch cam 4 repositioning today.  Got a glimpse of the ground works in daytime.  It only lasted 2 minutes.  Cam 4 dropped down and showed the grey roof, then it started panning before settling back to its usual position and limited view.  

Felibi, after the adjustment, night time on cam 4 now shows the tips of two of the site light's halo at the bottom of the screen.

https://vimeo.com/459358012

CRL is back up.  DNS name was renewed for another year.  Sorry it took a little longer to get it renewed this year.  

Here's another pic from the recent cam 4 pan and realignment.  There's reactor 5 & 6 on the left.  

Hi Cali, I looked and looked and can't find these lights.  First off, the pics look more like 6pm rather than 6am because of the lights on the tower. At 6am the tower lights are already off and its somewhat dark out on cam1.  I've looked at both 09-14 and 15 am and pm.  Are the times you gave local or jst?  

Anyway, thought they might be informative because that looks to be where a door or opening is on the building extension.  

No big deal, I'm still glad to see you again.  Thanks for dropping in.  Hope you're well and you have time to post some more.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM October 2020 Horse 2 118 10-20-2020, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM August 2020 Horse 1 316 08-31-2020, 10:17 AM
  WEBCAM July 2020 Horse 1 482 07-04-2020, 02:04 AM
  WEBCAM June 2020 Horse 4 895 07-01-2020, 03:22 AM
  WEBCAM May 2020 Horse 3 823 05-21-2020, 07:36 AM