• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

WEBCAM May 2020
Post webcam observations for May here.  Observations should start with a date and ‘jst’ time (Japan Standard Time) and camera(s).  Describe as best as possible what you see.  Contribute data such as weather conditions, work activities, TEPCO or local news reports, radiation readings, earthquake activity, or any information that documents events occurring at Daiichi.  Comments and analysis welcome.  Help keep an eye on TEPCO's disaster site.  

TEPCO Cameras
Cam1
Cam4

Time Lapse Archives
Fukushima Daiichi
sengoku1904
Fuku1long

Environmental Archives
Archive of ENENews

Another way for anyone to contact me, Café Rad Lab administration, email:    CafeRadLabHorse@gmail.com
or Twitter @CafeRadLabHorse
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

04-08  Not much happening on the Tepcams as usual for the May Day holiday week.  I've seen a couple small crane movements as signs of life.  The scene remains pretty much the same.

"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Beautiful webs on webcam 4, very angel-like.
Just a vocabulary question totally (?) unrelated to Fuk.
In French, we talk about "confinement" when I hear you say lockdown.
Since May 11, we've reached "déconfinement" where we can go about (more or less, less than more).
What do you call that?
On the government website, https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19
I found this: "Since May 11th, lockdown measures are gradually being relaxed."
I don't know why but it made me laugh.
Take good care all and receive my best wishes always

Felibi, relaxing a lockdown does sound funny.  De-confinement would be liberty, no?  In America we would use the word freedom.  Freedom from medical tyranny would be liberation.  Americans haven’t got to the point where they can laugh at themselves yet.  A free Press would certainly help.  Alas, no freedom or liberty for any of us with no money for our worth.  Hunkered down, I sometimes get to feeling it has been the end of the world.  Then I turn on a TV and see all the Covid propaganda, yup, the world might as well have ended.  C’est la vie.  A real nice web you caught there, watching them move is hypnotic.  I saw the sprayer running around Unit 1 most of a day.  I caught a brief glimpse of a small blue crane on cam4.  In the rain drenched view it looked like a sea monster bobbing its head up and down for a couple minutes.  I think it was just the crane operator sneaking into view to let us know they were back to work.  It broke the monotony for a bit.  I’m trying to stay relaxed in the lockdown.  It’s just too funny.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBCAM June 2020 Horse 0 21 06-04-2020, 04:47 AM
Last Post: Horse
  WEBCAM April 2020 Horse 7 344 05-01-2020, 11:14 AM
  WEBCAM March 2020 Horse 14 1,105 04-09-2020, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Felibi
  WEBCAM February 2020 Horse 13 2,060 02-15-2020, 07:03 AM
  WEBCAM January 2020 Horse 15 3,200 02-06-2020, 02:03 AM