• Thank you for visiting the Cafe Rad Lab Forum
  • We present & discuss radiation health, science & news
  • To keep you informed about vital nuke information.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

March 2020
Yes, I had a DM from Dude yesterday...
We always ask what have we done because we don't know what we are doing.

Thanks.   I wonder why he can send?  Gonna look at his settings again.  This software isn't the greatest.  

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.

- John Ruskin

\\\

So, it seems I can't turn off the sending only the receiving. I turned DUDe's receiving back on.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

Thanks Horse!
Extinction foretold.. Extinction ignored.. 

YW, DUDe.  Sorry for any inconvenience.  Let me know if things are gonna change, like getting a different internet provider or another pre-paid card. Your IP keeps changing like its a mobile network you're on. 109.139.xxx.xxx looks pretty clean, let me know if you get banned messages again.
"The map is not the territory that it is a map of ... the word is not the thing being referred to."

I had them till a day or two ago..then suddenly back to normal..

I'm seeing really slow load times on front page, Horse...
We always ask what have we done because we don't know what we are doing.

Jebus - slow load times

Don't know why but I'm seeing about twice the amount of traffic we normally get.  Might be slowing us down but it hasn't crashed us yet.  

(03-13-2020, 07:51 PM)d kitty Wrote: Horse, speaking of Frank, do you remember he used to brag about how he could do his hacking with old devices, old protocols,  like that odd bit of code appended to my outgoing text i saw today?
My bet is the problems folks are having is him. I dont know much about the subject, but i know Frank.
 Wish I didn't...

Thought I'd put this over here for comment.  Frank sure did make a lot of noise.  It might be Frank and his ilk but I'm not seeing his fingerprints in here.  This seems more widespread.  Stock at Nukepro is reporting issues with his board, more problems than we've had.  He's thinking Google Blogger is shadow banning him.  The only problem I've had was trying to comment over there. My comments vanish when I try to preview or publish them.  Stock was the first to mention having a posting issue here at CRL.  

D Kitty had a hiccup but seems to be posting okay now.  Code experienced posting madness but seems to be doing ok now.  HHD has a login issue we're still working on.  

No problems for me posting here or over at SOTT.  https://www.sott.net/article/430653-Life...ar-of-2011

The computer guy in me thinks the hidden hand just covered a Corona sneeze and is going around touching everyone.  Can't see it but know its there.  Keep the machine clean.  Wash hands.  Keep 'em posting to determine if its a feature or a problem.

I just tried NukePro again but with a different browser than Google.  I tried IE and it lets me post.  

https://www.nukepro.net/2020/03/covid-19...2206555791
Quote:Horse
March 13, 2020 at 11:57 PM

test with ie, looks to work Stock. Posting with chrome still vanishes. Google won't let me post here. Old IE browser is letting me in.

Some of the issues people are having just might be the browser they're using.

Filling slots:
https://www.fastcompany.com/90476154/air...-of-flying

I know they did a study during the 9/11 airline shutdown and had some remarkable numbers regarding  temperature.

"The effect during the three days that flights were grounded was strongest in populated regions where air traffic was normally densest. The increase in range came to about two degrees Celsius."

https://globalnews.ca/news/2934513/empty...xperiment/

I wonder what the corona climate will bring? Drastic changes one way or the other don't sit well with me for the environment.

Wait for it

Lockdown, stocks down
No more paper, you just caught the vapors
Traders, traitors, institutional baiters
Elite frowns spreading governmental clowns
Sound the alarm, percentages drown so keep looking down
Harm farm coming with needles for your arm
Charm barn got us dangling by yarns
We think we thought we knew what, oh darn
Top down, swab around confusion abound
Lost not found, coming to a town
Helicopter drones penetrating bones
Biological clones hosting in your homes
Weighing stones, oh my that three pound dome.

(03-14-2020, 01:34 PM)rthsmth Wrote: I wonder what the corona climate will bring? Drastic changes one way or the other don't sit well with me for the environment.

Why Is that rthsmth? The clouds look cleaner..i saw plenty insects today..i think that's good..even if sudden changes could trigger the Jetstream tipping over and cause an ice-age in Europe or something.. 

More life..more filters..natural ones..

DUDe, don't you live in Belgium, a part of Europe? You know a little ice age will change the habitable zone and life will flee the cold. A corona climate might briefly reduce man's pollution but its unlikely to affect global weather. Extremes are harder on life, life can't adapt that quickly.

Horse, yes I'm from Belgium but my thinking goes like this..globally..

Less pollution, more life.. More life to filter pollution and stabilisé in the long run the climate again for life, with its own gas-exchange, if the Sun permits it ofcourse..

"Less pollution, more life" is a generalization that doesn't hold up. Pollution may change what life can thrive and what life dies. Fungus thrive in radioactive environments. Fertilizer runoff causes algae blooms. If the solar output is changing, less sunspots, I'd expect the global climate to change just as it did before in the historical past. Man's pollution isn't heating the globe but it will make climate changes more difficult as we try to feed ourselves. In the little Ice Age when farming on land failed the people had the bounty of the sea to see them thru a cold induced famine. We have less bounty in the seas because of man's recent activities, radiation, plastics, industrial toxins.

Less pollution..more biodiversity resonating in symbiose possible..imho Horse.. Smile

Have to go now..night all.

(03-16-2020, 03:39 PM)DUDe Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 01:34 PM)rthsmth Wrote: I wonder what the corona climate will bring? Drastic changes one way or the other don't sit well with me for the environment.

Why Is that rthsmth? The clouds look cleaner..i saw plenty insects today..i think that's good..even if sudden changes could trigger the Jetstream tipping over and cause an ice-age in Europe or something.. 

More life..more filters..natural ones..

Yeah Dude it's great seeing insects and clear skies. Tickles my fancy as well. At this time though I think that pertains to the absence of other things at the moment. But not because things are better. 

So I think it would be a challenge for nature and all her wonder to keep pace. Or adapt as Horse said.
2 degrees Celsius is a significant shift for sensitive biological life that can be central to many other factors and conditions.

Plandemic

Said who, round two coming for boo
Plan scam, something to do
Pots and pans, scans to rule the duel
Rush rush, hush hush, bodies in the bus
No vacancy no vacancy, trust a fool
Billions for them, thousands for you
Trillions for friends, the rest get hemmed
Complacencies veracity busted the tools
Supply lists, hunger fists breaking the rule
Brass tips, automatic clips singing songs for you
DE forecast cutting like butter, got your hall pass
last but not least don't step in the poo

Now how can we use this in vaccines?  Like, if you could make anything from living slices of  brains, what would you make?  A credit card maybe?

"Stanford researchers have developed a technique that reprograms cells to use synthetic materials, provided by the scientists, to build artificial structures able to carry out functions inside the body."

...the used the new method to build artificial structures on mammalian brain cells and on neurons.... the researchers ran  polymer-forming experiments on living slices from mouse brains

https://phys.org/news/2020-03-scientists...uided.html

SCIENCE!
we are healthy with background radiation but unhealthy with the same dose from fallout

Ignore-ants, Dot Gov. is above oversight.... just separate . Easy peasy

Trump said he would ignore portions of the law demanded by some Democrats to give Congress additional visibility into the stimulus spending, arguing that those requirements would infringe on the separation of powers enshrined in the Constitution.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...r-BB11OKbx

500 billion for small businesses, at a profit for the lenders, 500billion for the people..debatable..... 1.2 trillion for? Oh Wall Sleaze.... where would be without them. I'm pretty sure I got the numbers wrong..

Best laid plans:

Officials in the United States, for instance, have suggested they might isolate critical technicians at the country’s nuclear power plants and ask them to live onsite to avoid exposure to the virus. Many operators say they have been stockpiling beds, blankets and food to support staff for that purpose.

Should that fail to stem the pandemic’s effect on the nuclear work force, the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission said it would shut down any of America’s 60 nuclear plants if they can’t be appropriately staffed.

https://bellona.org/news/nuclear-issues/...r-industry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...unker.html

I really don't know why but I smell a "natural" disaster on the horizon...... hey has anyone heard about Tom Brady?

[-]
Quick Reply